Page 38 of 75 FirstFirst ... 283536373839404148 ... LastLast

Thread: Critically Evaluate the last movie you saw.

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    The Trouble with the Curve.

Man I really wanted to like this movie as I'm all about the hokey but this film isn't anywhere near getting it right.

The main problem is that it insists on concentrating on stuff that no one watching really cares about like the estranged father/daughter relationship(gee don't know how that's going to turn out?) or the sparks between the daughter and the guy from N Sync and leaving the good stuff to a 2 minute side note at the end.
    Also Timberlake seems to be acting in a totally different movie or maybe he was simply reliving his hosting of the Espy Awards where being preternaturally glib is seen as a virtue and the fact that Eastwood is basically redoing Walt Kowalski from Gran Torino doesn't help much either.

Anyway liked the Latino kid who should have featured much more prominently if not for the delusions of the writers and director who strangely believed that the "twist" telegraphed as it was, still needed to be shot as a surprise.

My advice is to watch The Natural several times even though Redford is himself miscast and then find a Justin Timberlake Cd to smash.
    Respect my lack of authority.

2. Movies & TV   -   #372
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    The Trouble with the Curve.
    We enjoyed it as a time-passer. It was interesting that both Adams and Timberlake both had their own level of charm, but together they did not seem to have any real chemistry. Eastwood is slightly more likeable than seeing Nicholson repeating the same character over and over and over. However, it would be nice to see him attempt something a bit different.

That peanut guy scene was telegraphed to an embarrassing level. They would have done better by not introducing him at all, rather than the peanut "fastball".

FTMP, Timberlake isn't too bad, he's just no Marky Mark.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

3. Movies & TV   -   #373
    pootystomp's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    FTMP, Timberlake isn't too bad, he's just no Marky Mark.
    Still can't believe he was cheated out of an Oscar nom for The Happening

4. Movies & TV   -   #374
    Let's compare Timberlake to Wahlberg.

Timberlake: Mickey Mouse Club,N Sync,solo music career that anyone who isn't ghey would be ashamed of garnered him 5 Grammies,a bunch of shite movies and The Social Network, won him a couple Emmys,rich as fuck,travels the World mostly at other people's expense, now only works because he wants to, married to that hot piece of ass Jessica Biel.

Wahlberg: Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch,underwear model, for ever great movie he's been in like The Departed or Three Kings he's been in one like Planet of the Apes or The Other Guys but still nominated for 2 Oscars,produced several well received TV series,travels the World mostly at other people's expense,rich as fuck and now only works because he wants to, married to hot piece of ass fashion model Rhea Durham.

OK whatever we think about them ,clearly there are no losers here.

Next up Leonardo DiCaprio vs. Johnny Depp.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 06-19-2013 at 10:15 PM. Reason: the zombie appocalypse

5. Movies & TV   -   #375
    pootystomp's Avatar Poster
    Easy, DiCaprio wins.

Every good thing about Depp is negated by every pretentious scarf he wears. If my math is correct, that would be a wash.

6. Movies & TV   -   #376
    Quote Originally Posted by pootystomp View Post
    Easy, DiCaprio wins.

Every good thing about Depp is negated by every pretentious scarf he wears. If my math is correct, that would be a wash.
    DiCaprio - Critters 3
    Depp - Nightmare on Elm Street
    Point Depp

DiCaprio -currently dating his 3rd or 4th Victoria Secret model
    Depp - currently dating Amber Heard who's bisexual
    Point Depp

DiCaprio - 3 Oscar nominations.Best known for Titanic
    Depp - 3 Oscar nominations.Best known for Pirates of the Caribbean
    Point Depp

Depp-voluntarily chose to live in France
    DiCaprio - did not
    Game set and match DiCaprio

7. Movies & TV   -   #377
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    Game set and match DiCaprio
    Agreed!

8. Movies & TV   -   #378
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    "Warm Bodies"

Caught this one last night amid a bleak outlook for little screen watching. I was pleasantly surprised at this horror/comedy/romance. Being an avid TWD fan, but am not into all zombie movies. It was a relaxing way to pass a Saturday night. Nicholas Hoult did a nice job with his character and I soon found myself getting lost in the story. The director Jonathan Levine weaved in and out of flashback sequences, but they were not overly done and added to the pace of the story in general. All in all, not to shabby if you to tend like this genre.

(WWZ promises to be a bit more intense.)

9. Movies & TV   -   #379
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by Stehle View Post
    "Warm Bodies"
    I started to feel that the genre was exhausted, and reluctantly gave it a watch. I was pleasantly surprised.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

10. Movies & TV   -   #380
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    I don't think I can get tired of zombie movies, for that would be like getting tired of movies with people in them. I live in a brain dead world with a minority of functioning survivors, so there is no exhausting the suspense of belief.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

Page 38 of 75 FirstFirst ... 283536373839404148 ... LastLast