Page 37 of 75 FirstFirst ... 273435363738394047 ... LastLast

Thread: Critically Evaluate the last movie you saw.

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Forum Nazi.

Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Forum Nazi.
    I heard that The Bourne Legacy isn't very good so 4/10.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 08-11-2012 at 09:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Respect my lack of authority.

2. Movies & TV   -   #362
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Forum Nazi.

Forum Nazi.
    I heard that The Bourne Legacy isn't very good so 4/10.
    Just because you couldn't get your jackboots on in time, doesn't mean you have to sulk.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

3. Movies & TV   -   #363
    Don't make me hurt you.

4. Movies & TV   -   #364

5. Movies & TV   -   #365

I watched the Total Recall remake which was basically as God awful as you would expect anything done by Len Wiseman(excluding Kate Beckinsale) to be.

Every single thing that they deemed to change from the original was made infinitely worse.

Colin Ferrel makes a decent action hero type and is plenty "likable " enough but as stated in almost every review ,the whole thing takes itself far too seriously and yearns for the simple dopiness of Arnold's one-liners and a translocation of the second act to Mars.

So in conclusion , if nothing else this proves that throwing money at a guy (Wiseman) who turns out shite medium budget movies ,will in the end get you nothing more than a shite big budget movie.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 08-11-2012 at 09:58 PM.

6. Movies & TV   -   #366
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stitched View Post
    i watched "living in oblivion"
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0113677/

quote from review on the site
    "Living in Oblivion is an unusual, funny, and interesting example of the movie-about-movies genre, focusing on the low budget, independent movie making scene. The lead performances by Steve Buscemi and Catherine Keener are first-rate, and the supporting cast is excellent as well. The film veers from satire to realism to surrealism in depicting the problems and tensions involved in off-off-Hollywood filmmaking"

i found it funny and entertaining, once you sit thru the beginning 7/10 may be even 8/10.
    Thanks for contributing, stitched. For future note, this section strongly favors original thought/writing. There is a rate the movies thread (but I can see that you were trying to go beyond that). All I'm saying is that your effort was appreciated, but we are looking for yet another notch up in this thread.
    ok thank you ,next time i will write a little more in detail.

"All that is gold does not glitter;all that is long does not last;All that is old does not wither; not all that is over is past..... "

7. Movies & TV   -   #367

I watched the Total Recall remake which was basically as God awful as you would expect anything done by Len Wiseman(excluding Kate Beckinsale) to be.

Every single thing that they deemed to change from the original was made infinitely worse.

Colin Ferrel makes a decent action hero type and is plenty "likable " enough but as stated in almost every review ,the whole thing takes itself far too seriously and yearns for the simple dopiness of Arnold's one-liners and a translocation of the second act to Mars.

So in conclusion , if nothing else this proves that throwing money at a guy (Wiseman) who turns out shite medium budget movies ,will in the end get you nothing more than a shite big budget movie.
    On the subject of cringemaking remakes, another I am truly dreading (no pun intended) is Judge Dredd. The original was a hammy take on the classic 2000 A.D. comic hero, but the trailer I have seen for the remake, totally ignores most of the original storyline and becomes yet another Hollywood 're-imagining'.

8. Movies & TV   -   #368
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by stitched View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post

Thanks for contributing, stitched. For future note, this section strongly favors original thought/writing. There is a rate the movies thread (but I can see that you were trying to go beyond that). All I'm saying is that your effort was appreciated, but we are looking for yet another notch up in this thread.
    ok thank you ,next time i will write a little more in detail.
    :chapeau:, stitched.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

9. Movies & TV   -   #369
    Wow nobody's posted in this thread for like 6 years.

Star Trek Into Dumbness (Star date something or other)

I enjoyed much of the movie even though it broke the cardinal rule of good science fiction in that it lacked any imagination or originality.
    Actually ironically the "good" parts were the refurbished ones and the "bad" parts were everything else which basically amounted to a bunch of contrived and silly excuses for FX action sequences that weren't intrinsic to the story and were basically just there to be there or sell Coke or something.

I will mention that I thought the inversion of the Kirk/Spock scene directly stolen from Wrath of Khan was pretty well done unlike what comes after that didn't really add anything except destroy almost 50 years of what Mr Spock's character is supposedly all about and make me wish the movie was 15 minutes shorter.

Other than that the cast impersonates well .The one notable exception being Sherlock Holmes Benedict Cumberbatch which obviously therefore makes him the best thing in the entire movie.

If I were to rate it I'd give it a
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 05-16-2013 at 10:57 PM.

10. Movies & TV   -   #370
    I saw the new Star Trek movie... IdolEyes you really did the topic justice and tore the movie a new whole lol.
    As someone who cannot remember much of the original series or Star Trek Wrath of Khan, I have to say I really enjoyed it. It got me very excited to the possibility of more ST movies, even possibly a new TV series.
    Movie itself was a lot of fun and wasn't complete fluff.. unlike Iron man 3

IM3 was a typical action adventure with absolutely no thinking necessary.

Page 37 of 75 FirstFirst ... 273435363738394047 ... LastLast