Page 73 of 75 FirstFirst ... 2363707172737475 LastLast

Thread: Critically Evaluate the last movie you saw.

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    TIL Josh Brolin gets paid
    You have to have some proven track record as a leading man/woman beyond one franchise ( Brolin isn't a leading man and no one is paying to see Hemsworth, Evans, Johansson or even better actors like Cumberbatch, Ruffalo, Del Toro, Elba outside their Thor, Captain America etc franchises.). Also rarely big bucks for one offs/ cameos/ guest appearances and then only to real superstars.
    Respect my lack of authority.

2. Movies & TV   -   #722
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Downey Jr. has much larger catalog of movies spanning several decades plus two Oscar noms and a couple of Golden Globe wins. Honestly though studios basically pin salary to how much of a box office draw an actor is.
    Yes and no right, sometimes they also take a stake in the movie and if it is successful they get a piece of the earnings right, like i read that Chris Pratt made over 10 million on Jurassic World, and that took in huge in the box office world wide as well, well pretty much all the movies he was in had big box office takes. I am not sure how much Ron Howards daughter made in that tho??
    And the times as well, I mean look at Daniel Craig as bond, he blew away Pierce Brosnan revenue wise, in being a popular actor, i would think Brosnan was bigger at the time....

Funny what happens to some of these famous actors, and the movie just flops right

But it also shows depending on the taste of people if the movie was really a flop in there eyes right

3. Movies & TV   -   #723
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    TIL Josh Brolin gets paid
    You have to have some proven track record as a leading man/woman beyond one franchise ( Brolin isn't a leading man and no one is paying to see Hemsworth, Evans, Johansson or even better actors like Cumberbatch, Ruffalo, Del Toro, Elba outside their Thor, Captain America etc franchises.). Also rarely big bucks for one offs/ cameos/ guest appearances and then only to real superstars.
    Ruffalo, Johansson

Funny to make the pie bigger, and they see the response of the people viewing the movies, they end up staring in there own franchise movie...

Attachment 179680

Did you see this one in the theater Idol?? And what did you think of it??
    My wife and kids went to see it and, the kids said it was ok, but my wife didn't really like it, yet most of the others in the franchise she did enjoy ......Truth i am a Bond guy so most of these i don't run to the theater to see, but so far Deadpool is still on top for me and yes i did go see that in the theater, and watched it many times at home as well
    Last edited by shaina; 04-11-2018 at 01:50 PM.

4. Movies & TV   -   #724
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Haven't seen Black Panther. Just not into the whole superhero thing anymore. I've heard it's good though.

Of course sometimes people feel they need to be so politically correct they inflate their opinions of certain things. See Moonlight where it's Academy Award for Best Picture and 98% fresh on Rotten Tomatoes doesn't line up with how movie goers actually feel about it on IMDB .ie It's Black and ghey for that's a immediate +6 from the critics.

Btw What is your opinion is the best Bond movie? Also. I'm so down for this.

Last edited by IdolEyes787; 04-11-2018 at 04:16 PM.
    Respect my lack of authority.

5. Movies & TV   -   #725
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Btw What is your opinion is the best Bond movie? Also. I'm so down for this.
    Deadpool 2: It really does look wicked!! I don't think i will have time for a nap in the theater for this one either

My favorite Bond Movie: Hard to pick just one, but the fight would be Goldfinger, or Live and Let Die would be close to a tie...
    But i think they hit it big casting Daniel Craig and his series of movies i really enjoyed , and the bottom of the list would be Timothy Dalton as Bond....

How about Bond Girls??
    Solitaire (Jane Seymour),Natalya Simonova (Izabella Scorupco), Dr. Christmas Jones (Denise Richards), Elektra King (Sophie Marceau), Jinx (Stunning!! Halle Berry), Solange Dimitrios (Catherina Murino)....

Bloody big ship, Caus you still have spots..
    Last edited by shaina; 04-12-2018 at 02:28 PM.

6. Movies & TV   -   #726
    sana
    I watched Avatar,its an exellent movie..

7. Movies & TV   -   #727
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    Saw "A Quiet Place" a few nights ago... some good jolts.

Spoiler: Show

(Yeah... that's the guy from "The Office".)

(...and a few of my cousins.)
    Last edited by Stehle; 04-13-2018 at 01:51 PM. Reason: 'nuff said.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― Hunter S. Thompson

8. Movies & TV   -   #728
    I love The Silence of the Lambs

9. Movies & TV   -   #729
    I saw Ready Player One last night. It was just good enough to keep me interested to the very end. Well done Mr. Spielberg.

10. Movies & TV   -   #730
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoky007 View Post
    I saw Ready Player One last night. It was just good enough to keep me interested to the very end. Well done Mr. Spielberg.
    Read Ernest Cline's book for comparison.

(VERY Well done Ernest!
    )
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― Hunter S. Thompson