Page 70 of 75 FirstFirst ... 206067686970717273 ... LastLast

Thread: Critically Evaluate the last movie you saw.

dion09529's Avatar Helter Skelter BT Rep: +1
    Operation Avalanche (2016)

It's not the movie. The movie is quite good, but the idea of conceiving the greatest conspiracy in human history, is horrifying. Americans had us all fooled in their own style.
    The american way!
    Now, I have doubts that we really landed on Mars and Curiosity is currently exploring the Red Planet or New Horizons space probe passed Pluto's orbit.
    Old shit was here. Now it's gone.

2. Movies & TV   -   #692
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by dion09529 View Post

It's not the movie. The movie is quite good, but the idea of conceiving the greatest conspiracy in human history, is horrifying. Americans had us all fooled in their own style.
    The american way!
    Now, I have doubts that we really landed on Mars and Curiosity is currently exploring the Red Planet or New Horizons space probe passed Pluto's orbit.
    This shakes my belief in *everything*. I bet we don't even have satellites or the interwebs!
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

3. Movies & TV   -   #693
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata

The american way!
    I hope you're not suggesting that we can't trust the government because that's crazy talk, man.
    Respect my lack of authority.

4. Movies & TV   -   #694

The american way!
    I hope you're not suggesting that we can't trust the government because that's crazy talk, man.
    I forget which 3rd world country Dion is from, but I'm fairly certain that their president also does tarot readings for some extra cash during tourist season.

Any of the DVD screeners fall under the category of 'must see'?

I thought Passengers was alright.
    Edge of Seventeen was kinda shitty-- especially considering how good the main actress was in True Grit.
    Arrival was okay-ish.
    Have not been in the mood for many others. Not feeling very patriotic, nor pacifistic.
    Last edited by megabyteme; 02-04-2017 at 03:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

5. Movies & TV   -   #695
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    I forget which 3rd world country Dion is from, but I'm fairly certain that their president also does tarot readings for some extra cash during tourist season.

I thought Passengers was alright.
    Edge of Seventeen was kinda shitty-- especially considering how good the main actress was in True Grit.
    Arrival was okay-ish.
    Have not been in the mood for many others. Not feeling very patriotic, nor pacifistic.
    Dion is from Romania where I believe they still worship the Moon as a goddess hence his fascination with the celestial. Romania is ruled by Dracula whose official title is Count.
    Ffs learn something about World politics.

As for movies, I have it on semi-good authority that Manchester by the Sea is alright.
    Frankly though none of these films interest me and I'm waiting for John Wick 2 as that is just the kind of cretin I is.

Last edited by IdolEyes787; 02-04-2017 at 05:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

6. Movies & TV   -   #696
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    Meg, Idol... You guys still crack me up!

(Did Wick get a new dog?)

Although I'm still with "Hacksaw Ridge" (As it basically is true... damn you Mel Gibson!), if you haven't viewed it yet, but now the ex-wife is leaning towards "La La Land" or "Fences" which I personally have not watched.

@Meg, ...but they are safe or so I'm told.
    Last edited by Stehle; 02-04-2017 at 05:51 PM. Reason: 'nuff said.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― Hunter S. Thompson

7. Movies & TV   -   #697
    Same dog as had at the end of the last movie. Apparently no dogs die in this one.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 02-04-2017 at 07:37 PM.

8. Movies & TV   -   #698
    Caballero's Avatar Hung Like A Horse
    Ending was unsatisfying, but "Live by Night" was a decent flick. "Hidden Figures" was quite good. And "Doctor Strange" was better than expected.

9. Movies & TV   -   #699
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballero View Post
    Ending was unsatisfying, but "Live by Night" was a decent flick. "Hidden Figures" was quite good. And "Doctor Strange" was better than expected.
    Thank you. I enjoyed Doctor Strange quite a bit. I might have to give Hidden Figures a shot, as a general period in time, the early 60's tend to play pretty well-- lots of triumph when it comes to space race.

10. Movies & TV   -   #700
    I might have to give Hidden Figures a shot, as a general period in time, the early 60's tend to play pretty well-- lots of triumph when it comes to space race.
    Breaks another of my fundamental rules for enjoying cinema -never watch anything that sounds like Oprah Winfrey might be involved with it.

This is a well-thought out stance and if you had half a brain you too would be asking yourself questions like "Would The Good,the Bad and the Ugly be better or incredibly worse if Oprah was involved with it?"

I rest my case.

Page 70 of 75 FirstFirst ... 206067686970717273 ... LastLast