Page 24 of 75 FirstFirst ... 14212223242526273474 ... LastLast

Thread: Critically Evaluate the last movie you saw.

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    I saw Species what over 15 years ago, but have never watched Ghost Dog. Is it a serious recommendation? I was under the impression that it sucked, maybe it's Bill Cosby's fault.
    It's directed by Jim Jarmusch and if you know the name you know that he doesn't make "easy" films. Anyway few interesting things in life are for everyone so whatever.

Rotten Tomatoes

Roger Ebert(contains minor spoilers)

Ebert is the most literate of critics so take that into consideration.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 05-01-2012 at 12:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Respect my lack of authority.

2. Movies & TV   -   #232
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    It's directed by Jim Jarmusch and if you know the name you know that he doesn't make "easy" films. Anyway few interesting things in life are for everyone so whatever.
    I don't know if I ever pretended to be a film guy, but I have absolutely no idea who that is. I think you're telling me thumbs up though.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

3. Movies & TV   -   #233
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by dion09529 View Post
    X-Files Pilot Episode
    Let me tell you the problem I had with the X-Files pilot episode. This bitch is supposed to be some kind of super medical expert, meeting with some genius analytical mind. He shows a slide on the projector for an image depicting a generic backbone of a polypeptide sequence (proteins are long strings of amino acids connected by peptide bridge, i.e. polypeptide). 'R' is used to denote it's a side group for an amino acid, a placeholder, much like the way 'x' is used in algebra. So with the most generic image on the screen they draw out their confused expressions and we're immediately supposed to think alien.

It upsets me so much that I'm putting up images:
    Attachment 110315Attachment 110316Attachment 110317

Idiots

4. Movies & TV   -   #234
    Hey I don't complain about this so I don't expect you guys to complain about less important things.

Anyway clearly the highlight of Costner's career.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 05-01-2012 at 07:45 PM.

5. Movies & TV   -   #235
    SelfMadeMMAn's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    First of all, thanks for explaining where your socks are.
    Secondly something with a bit more personal more depth, you know...... engaging more than five brain cells at one time is sort of what we were looking for. Not a future Leonard Maltin no,no,no,no just someone who can actually manage to get their brain out of forum cruise control and recommend what they like (and dislike ) and back it up with with with a bit of narrative. A while back we were debating our personal worst movies of all time and why. It is the narrative that makes the difference not the meaningless out of 10 rating or should we just get the staff to setup some polls for you to click buttons? Would that be fun? I'm sure we could just have about 10 or 15 polls for you to go through and click the appropriate number out of 10 on your personal rating system if you can't be bothered to explain WHY you rate them that way.
    Whatever makes you happy
    Last edited by SelfMadeMMAn; 05-02-2012 at 01:15 AM.
    Who dat? Who dat? Who dat say dey gonna beat dem Saints?

6. Movies & TV   -   #236
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by SelfMadeMMAn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    First of all, thanks for explaining where your socks are.
    Secondly something with a bit more personal more depth, you know...... engaging more than five brain cells at one time is sort of what we were looking for. Not a future Leonard Maltin no,no,no,no just someone who can actually manage to get their brain out of forum cruise control and recommend what they like (and dislike ) and back it up with with with a bit of narrative. A while back we were debating our personal worst movies of all time and why. It is the narrative that makes the difference not the meaningless out of 10 rating or should we just get the staff to setup some polls for you to click buttons? Would that be fun? I'm sure we could just have about 10 or 15 polls for you to go through and click the appropriate number out of 10 on your personal rating system if you can't be bothered to explain WHY you rate them that way.
    Whatever makes you happy
    Would the monkey like his banana now?

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

7. Movies & TV   -   #237
    Quote Originally Posted by Snee View Post
    It upsets me so much that I'm putting up images:
    Attachment 110315Attachment 110316Attachment 110317

Idiots
    I didn't even bother to try liking that show. I have never felt so irritated in my life at a 1 min. 41 sec. clip of a TV show where they use the number 3 instead of the letter E in the title.

8. Movies & TV   -   #238
    manker's Avatar effendi
    I get a similar sense of apathy induced when someone uses a 2 instead of an a in a sentence to be 'edgy'.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

9. Movies & TV   -   #239
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    I get a similar sense of apathy induced when someone uses a 2 instead of an a in a sentence to be 'edgy'.
    Just jealous 'cause you can't write in times new roman.

10. Movies & TV   -   #240
    Quote Originally Posted by Snee View Post
    I didn't even bother to try liking that show. I have never felt so irritated in my life at a 1 min. 41 sec. clip of a TV show where they use the number 3 instead of the letter E in the title.
    I never watched it as I found it hard buying Dr. Fleischman as an F.B.I. agent.

Course it had to be better than this.

Morrow's first role ,Depp's follow up to Nightmare on Elm Street and Hector Elizondo in a wig.