Page 64 of 75 FirstFirst ... 14546162636465666774 ... LastLast

Thread: Critically Evaluate the last movie you saw.

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by Stehle View Post
    "Knock, Knock"...Critically DISTURBING!
    Keanu Reeves must be starving the poor soul. I think I saw Sandra Lockes name flashing up in the credits somewhere at the end. Looked like a film she did long ago, perhaps inspired by a mutual Eastwood nightmare.... plot holes abound, but definitely not for the squeamish!

Spoiler: Show
    I briefly toyed with the idea of watching it because, tits but then sense kicked in when I remembered that it was directed by Eli Roth.

Dodged a bullet there.

I think I saw Sandra Lockes name flashing up in the credits somewhere at the end. Looked like a film she did long ago, perhaps inspired by a mutual Eastwood nightmare....
    Colleen Camp too.

From IPT
    Like last friday I got to see Knock Knock and now this week I get to see another Eli Roth movie......What have I done to be so lucky now??! Thanks so much Uploader you really made my day 200% better!!
    I'm actually impressed that person can type with all that spittle dripping from his mouth.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 10-16-2015 at 01:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Respect my lack of authority.

2. Movies & TV   -   #632
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Colleen Camp too....
    Your right on the money on that one!

...it was called... Death Game (1977)

(Same premise too... what disturbing shite!)
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― Hunter S. Thompson

3. Movies & TV   -   #633

Your right on the money on that one!
    Likewise you and Clint Eastwood having particular .....tastes as when Locke was his girlfriend he had her near raped in two different movies (The Outlaw Josey Wales and The Gauntlet).

Jesus Christ there goes all my Apocalypse Now Redux masturbatory fantasies shot to hell.

OK as long as the internet ceases to exist I still have Cynthia Wood.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 10-16-2015 at 08:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

4. Movies & TV   -   #634
    teflon05's Avatar Pessimistic Optimist BT Rep: +2

I saw this one last night.
    I'm a fan of Eli Roth, but I have to say, this movie is pretty much a pile of steaming crap.

When I first saw the trailer, I thought it looked like it might be semi-interesting, coming from the same guy that was responsible for Hostel & Cabin Fever (I'm somewhat of a horror fan) but this movie isn't close to being in the same class. Poorly executed all around, in my opinion, and even though the story line isn't anything new, I think it could have been a decent movie with a different director & maybe a different male lead. I can't say the 2 female antagonists where much better though...They were so annoying I was hoping they'd get killed off about 20 minutes into the movie.

Ive never kidded myself into believing that Keanu Reeves is any kind of great actor, but most of his movies are at least entertaining. I'd place his performance in this a few steps below any bad performance that Nick Cage has ever done....And that's saying something. The scene where he's tied to the chair & the girls are "torturing" him by playing loud music through headphones is pathetically bad, bordering on excruciatingly painful. (To the viewer, not Reeves) It doesn't help that through most of the movie, he sounds like he's reading all his lines off cue cards either.

I read several reviews of it on IMDB, and a few people on there were saying that the many people that didn't like it just "didn't get it", and that it was supposed to be sort of a "Dark Comedy & intentionally amusing" in places. I don't believe this myself... Not that it's not amusing in places, because it is. But I don't think it's intentional. And if it is, I don't think I found it amusing in the way that the director intended. It was amusing in a "I can't believe it's this bad" kind of way...
    No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power. — P.J. O'Rourke

Sin lies only in hurting others unnecessarily. All other "sins" are invented nonsense. — Robert A. Heinlein (1907-1988)

5. Movies & TV   -   #635
    Quote Originally Posted by teflon05 View Post

I'm a fan of Eli Roth...
    Are you positive that you're not simply insane because otherwise I'm not sure that's possible.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 10-17-2015 at 05:17 PM. Reason: Spruced it up in the second draft.

6. Movies & TV   -   #636
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    FaceBook was actually invented by Sandra Locke.

(So she could have a different ending to the same shitty film.
    )

Jesus Christ there goes all my Apocalypse Now Redux masturbatory fantasies shot to hell.

OK as long as the internet ceases to exist I still have Cynthia Wood Lesley Ann Warren, Jessica Lange, & Melanie Griffith.

UNDERSTANDABLE!!!!
    Last edited by Stehle; 10-17-2015 at 09:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― Hunter S. Thompson

7. Movies & TV   -   #637
    teflon05's Avatar Pessimistic Optimist BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by teflon05 View Post

I'm a fan of Eli Roth...
    Are you positive that you're not simply insane because otherwise I'm not sure that's possible.
    It's a "guilty pleasure" type thing. I sometimes like cheesy B-type movies, and he's a cheesy B-type actor/director...

Oh, & no, I'm not positive

Also, goddammit I didn't see that someone already mentioned this film. I didn't think enough people still posted here to bother reading through the previous comments. How observant of me...
    Last edited by teflon05; 10-17-2015 at 09:34 PM. Reason: words & stuff
    No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power. — P.J. O'Rourke

Sin lies only in hurting others unnecessarily. All other "sins" are invented nonsense. — Robert A. Heinlein (1907-1988)

8. Movies & TV   -   #638
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    This movie, Blind, found a strange, concerted frequency in me. I initially started to watch it as if I'm about to embark on a horror adventure; going blind is about one of the scariest things I can imagine. However, the imagination of the main character would play out in a manner where the borders of daydreaming and reality aren't always distinct. I have never seen that depicted in a movie in quite this manner because this was so eerily similar to how my own mind plays out scenarios. I hate the dream sequence trope found in other movies/shows because... well... that fucking soft lens and cheesy music shit. This felt much more accurate. I really have no critique about the movie. This one aspect just left an impression on me, and it was one where there was no expectation to arrive at some conclusion.

Just, hmmm
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

9. Movies & TV   -   #639
    Blind and in a language I don't understand.So how'd it smell?

10. Movies & TV   -   #640
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Blind and in a language I don't understand.So how'd it smell?
    white, or maybe off white
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.