Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: A Positive Thread

  1. #1
    Poster
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    9,946
    Have you ever done something you are proud of ?

    It doesn't have to be a big thing, just something that makes you feel better about being you. Something that you did or achieved.

    Don't hide you light, let the chaps know.

    I gave up smoking about 5 years ago, after having done it for about 20 years. I am really proud of it because it was so hard to do.

  2. Lounge   -   #2
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    is everything.
    Age
    40
    Posts
    19,023
    I went back to college last year (after leaving school 10 years ago) and I am now applying to go to university. It was the hardest thing I've ever done but totally worth it.

  3. Lounge   -   #3
    MediaSlayer's Avatar slowly going deaf
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    ur anus
    Posts
    2,783
    Sometimes I make care packages for homeless people and keep them in my car so when they come up asking for change I give it to them. Not often, last year I did it around Christmas time. If you live in a big city in the US, it happens alot where they ask for spare change. For intance, when you go to the gas station to get gas. When you get out, they might be waiting to ask you. So I figured if they're gonna ask anyway, sometimes it might be a pleasant surprise to get a small paper bag with food and a bible, ect.... I didn't do it often, only a few times, but the people seemed happy to get something.


    sending fiery missiles in manker's japan's general direction.

  4. Lounge   -   #4
    sparsely's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    static hum
    Posts
    3,538
    I'm releasing a VBR mp3 rip of Sparklehorse - Good Morning Spider, complete with covers & videos, tonight at 11:00pm.

    and that's a good thing.

    this post is guaranteed 100% parrot-free

  5. Lounge   -   #5
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    yorkshire, england
    Age
    31
    Posts
    6,982
    a cup without a handle is a bowl, a handle without a cup is nothing - danny s****


    gouranga

  6. Lounge   -   #6
    I helped a friend bury a body in his garden.

    Um, is there a negative thread -Have you ever done anything your ashamed of? -I think I might need to visit that one as well.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

  7. Lounge   -   #7
    Poster
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    9,946
    Originally posted by Withcheese@16 November 2003 - 00:29
    I went back to college last year (after leaving school 10 years ago) and I am now applying to go to university.  It was the hardest thing I've ever done but totally worth it.
    Feckin Brilliant, well done. I seriously admire your courage.

    I am absolutely sure that your next step will work out well for you. The fact that you have taken the steps so far prove that you are the right sort to succeed.

    My younger brother left school with 1 higher and a few O Grades. He took an apprenticeship and became a tradesman. After he was married he went back to college to do an access course. From there he did his HND and then his degree.

    He passed them all and now has the job he really wanted and is a happy camper.

    Good luck mate and well done.

  8. Lounge   -   #8
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    30,399
    Originally posted by hobbes@15 November 2003 - 23:49
    I helped a friend bury a body in his garden.

    Cat, Dog or Hamster?
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

  9. Lounge   -   #9
    Poster
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    9,946
    Originally posted by MediaSlayer@16 November 2003 - 00:30
    Sometimes I make care packages for homeless people and keep them in my car so when they come up asking for change I give it to them. Not often, last year I did it around Christmas time. If you live in a big city in the US, it happens alot where they ask for spare change. For intance, when you go to the gas station to get gas. When you get out, they might be waiting to ask you. So I figured if they're gonna ask anyway, sometimes it might be a pleasant surprise to get a small paper bag with food and a bible, ect.... I didn't do it often, only a few times, but the people seemed happy to get something.
    That's a really good idea.

    Other people may wish to follow suit. Share a bit of what they have with others who perhaps have not been as fortunate.

  10. Lounge   -   #10
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    yorkshire, england
    Age
    31
    Posts
    6,982
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol+15 November 2003 - 23:56--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (J&#39;Pol @ 15 November 2003 - 23:56)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-MediaSlayer@16 November 2003 - 00:30
    Sometimes I make care packages for homeless people and keep them in my car so when they come up asking for change I give it to them.&nbsp; Not often, last year I did it around Christmas time.&nbsp; If you live in a big city in the US, it happens alot where they ask for spare change.&nbsp; For intance, when you go to the gas station to get gas.&nbsp; When you get out, they might be waiting to ask you.&nbsp; So I figured if they&#39;re gonna ask anyway, sometimes it might be a pleasant surprise to get a small paper bag with food and a bible, ect....&nbsp; I didn&#39;t do it often, only a few times, but the people seemed happy to get something.
    That&#39;s a really good idea.

    Other people may wish to follow suit. Share a bit of what they have with others who perhaps have not been as fortunate. [/b][/quote]
    next time someone asks me for a quid, im gonna take them to mcdonalds and feel smug knowing they cant get drugs with my money

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •