Page 463 of 545 FirstFirst ... 363413453460461462463464465466473513 ... LastLast
Results 4,621 to 4,630 of 5447

Thread: Last one to post wins the internets (archived)

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by Snee View Post
    So, I'm watching Strike Back.

For some reason HBO doesn't have season 1, but have thoughtfuully re-labeled season 2 as 1, which I didn't catch onto until after a bit, what with the lack of last-season recaps and so forth.
    It was originally a Brit only show ,starring other people and less a mindless actioner more a confusing and overdone psychological drama when it debuted.You can still see hint of the psychological bit in the first(second)season.

I enjoy Strike Back as it's the only show where they handle the weapons right but it does (I think) purposely drive people batty as it is constantly going off in all directions,seldom for any apparent reason.
    Respect my lack of authority.

2. Lounge   -   #4622
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    That special farces Stonebridge guy is a bit of a fuckup. One episode he kills everyone they're meant to bring in, in another he lets some terrorist go on a promise that he'll defuse a bomb, and in yet another he confuses a hostage into sitting out in the open mid-gunfight. What the fuck?
    Seems more realistic than most action shows. At least does not sound too far off some of the US missions in the Middle East.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

3. Lounge   -   #4623
    Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mulder View Post
    been playing on a surf pro today, full windows 8 not RT - its pretty noice
    I'm sooo over win 8. It's just too 2012.

Don't go there, Girlfriend

we're gonna be rolling it out here next year, our lease renews with Dell in 2014 and they won't be shipping PCs with Win7 and there's no wai we're gonna reimage a hundred PCs plus most of our devs will need it for testing. I'm running it on my wurk PC right now

4. Lounge   -   #4624
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    dayofflatemorningsup

yo

5. Lounge   -   #4625
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    So, I'm looking at After Earth.

After some, frankly, terrible voice-over exposition work by Will Smith's kid, we've got Will Smith as the borderline emotionally abusive father, who's gotten to be a war hero through something that sounds a bit like sociopathy. Also, every building in the future was inspired by the Sidney Opera house, and while things apparently still get, and stay, dirty here and there, they seem to really like impractical engineering, building things I really wouldn't want to clean.

Also, they can't re-attach or make people new legs, if they lose them, apparently, despite what seems to be fairly advanced tech, otherwise.

The overacting and shitty future-accents is just a bonus, I guess.

6. Lounge   -   #4626
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    ...that movie was pretty dumb, altogether.

I usually find something worthwhile in most sci-fi, but not so much in this one.

7. Lounge   -   #4627
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Wasn't sure I wanted anything to do with that when I saw it had the Smith kid in it.

It's also just dawned on me that Dexter and Breaking Bad will both be airing their series finales on the same night, at the same time. I'm really going to have to avoid the internets this Sunday evening. Gonna have to turn the iphone off and everything to prevent accidental spoilers.
    Last edited by Skiz; 09-19-2013 at 11:51 PM.

yo

8. Lounge   -   #4628
    Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Breaking Bad is so, so, so awesome!1 they're ending it properly!!! And the last two episodes are each going to be 15 minutes longer! Dexter, i don't know wtf they're doing. To say its the last ever episode they've fucked it as far as I’m concerned. they're concentrating on characters that have been in it for just a few episodes, Dexter's turned into a pussy. All the new characters are terrible. Everything’s so obvious and clumsy, i feel cheated. (feelings, lolz )

/in other mobile phone news, i'm getting a new one tomorrow my shitty Blackberry contracts come to an end! Works offered me an iPhone 5 but i don't like iPhones, or work plus they could ....you know.........ring me..... i've gone for a windows 8 phone, an entry/mid level one to keep my phone bill cheap each month - its a nokia lumia 520. Just enough power and screen size on it to watch stuffs, look at cat pictures on the internets and play siegecraft (and maybe text and call people....)

orange-nokia-lumia-520-black-angles.png

9. Lounge   -   #4629
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiz View Post
    It's also just dawned on me that Dexter and Breaking Bad will both be airing their series finales on the same night, at the same time. I'm really going to have to avoid the internets this Sunday evening. Gonna have to turn the iphone off and everything to prevent accidental spoilers.
    I have a strong feeling Dexter is going to end with Saxon killing Hanna. After all, every lady Dexter's tried to hook up with has disappeared from his life, usually by being brutally murdered. Just like Paul Kersey in the Death Wish movies, who is after all a less stealthy version of him
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

10. Lounge   -   #4630
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    [QUOTE=anon;3714274]
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiz View Post
    I have a strong feeling Dexter is going to end with Saxon killing Hanna.
    Your feeling would be wrong then.

The true travesty is that as the series winds down,so much plot is wasted on new or peripheral characters.

Spoilerish.
    Spoiler: Show
    Respect my lack of authority.