Page 464 of 545 FirstFirst ... 364414454461462463464465466467474514 ... LastLast
Results 4,631 to 4,640 of 5447

Thread: Last one to post wins the internets (archived)

Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mulder View Post
    Breaking Bad is so, so, so awesome!1 they're ending it properly!!! And the last two episodes are each going to be 15 minutes longer! Dexter, i don't know wtf they're doing. To say its the last ever episode they've fucked it as far as I’m concerned. they're concentrating on characters that have been in it for just a few episodes, Dexter's turned into a pussy. All the new characters are terrible. Everything’s so obvious and clumsy, i feel cheated. (feelings, lolz )

Breaking Bad is the way a show is supposed to be done: kill it off before it gets shit and fades away. And they're not saving everything for one final episode; they're taking time to spread it out in an actual storyline instead of saying "here's a bunch of jaw dropping shite in the last episode that makes no sense but we don't care anymore lol!!1"

Speaking of fading away, Dex has been borderline shit since season 4 when it peaked (the John Lithgow season) but I have to finish it out.

Last week's Dexter discussion in spoiler...

Spoiler: Show
    Last edited by Skiz; 09-20-2013 at 07:40 PM.

yo

2. Lounge   -   #4632
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    WP. Meh. Lack of apps.

yo

3. Lounge   -   #4633
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiz View Post
    WP. Meh. Lack of apps.
    And buying phone company isn't going to change that one little bit.....

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

4. Lounge   -   #4634
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Given that most devs I know of who are interested in building apps would much much rather go for ios or android, windows phones will be behind on amount of apps for a long long time, if they ever catch up, if said people are representative of the collective. MS can put a bunch of their own people on it, but it will not come close to the avalanche of happy amateurs coding for the other systems.

Also, I'm not terribly keen on visual studio 2012, some flavour of which is basically mandatory for building stuff for wp, IIRC. It's bloated and heavy as fuck. You basically need an ssd and new-ish processor for it not to take minutes just to start up, or debug larger projects. Also, MS reps are annoying as anything. They can basically turn me off trying just by showing up, never mind doing presentations.
    Last edited by Snee; 09-20-2013 at 10:27 PM.

5. Lounge   -   #4635
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Microsoft was once a highly competitive market leader across several software fields, but under Steve Ballmer's tenure, the company has become a slow moving, reactionary behemoth. Only the company's vast coffers have saved it from some truly spectacular failures that it propped up financially for years like the Zune player, or software also rans like picture-it, accounting express or silverlight.
    Windows 8 RT hasn't exactly endeared itself with consumers either....

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

6. Lounge   -   #4636
    RE: The great shoes discussion a while back:

I've, pretty much exclusively, used barefoot running shoes/minimalist shoes since the beginning of July, and this is what I've tried:

*O1M One Moment
    Three pairs. I was right on the border between two sizes so I ended up trying both up and down. Got blue and yellow ones for the size my feet were right on the edge of being too big for, and lime greens one size up. The latter are very comfortable, but loose. Perfect for a walk round the lawn, or some other relaxed activity.

I can skate and run in the others, but I don't like them very much. I think they're a bit too thin, sole-wise, and they're tight in the toe department, to boot, which I kind of feel defeats the purpose of minimalist shoes. Also, the blue plastic went lighter in colour where I crinkled it, while taking them off. A minor issue, but it annoyed me.

I guess there's still a niche for them as some sort of emergency shoes that fit in your pocket, or something. If you're not almost in the middle of two sizes they might work better, though, but they cover more sizes of feet with fewer sizes of shoe, so it might not be all that easy.

*Xero (6mm sole, standard lacing pattern)
    Modern day, modern material huaraches. The coolest thing about them is that you can order them as a kit and put them together yourself. The bad thing about that is that they take some tweaking before fitting right. I'm still not completely satisfied with how mine fit. You can run in them and stuff, but I'd not use the standard lacing pattern for that. Also, they're just too open, so grains of sand tends to get in when you're just walking, even on asfalt. I also don't like them for skating. My main use for them has been short walks to the shop, or taking out the trash.

*Vibram Fivefingers KSO, black
    I like these, but the soles are a bit thin. They work for walking, or running, even on asfalt (although they felt like they were bordering on thin for that too when on hard surfaces), but I feel pushing and kicking while skateboarding in my bones. I've worn them to the beach, and not much sand got in, which is good, and they've had encounters with sea water (not a problem). As long as you read up on how to wash them, you can wash them in a washing machine without issues. I can wear them with and without toe socks. Unlike the other models I have, these have no print or plastic details added for looks.

*Vibram FiveFingers KMD Sport, yellow/black/grey
    These are really good, and fit just right. They're the same size as my other Vibrams, but fit the best on my feet, IMO. The one complaint I have is that the print on top of them wore off somewhat in the washing machine, but that also coincided with my washing machine not pumping out water properly, so they sat in warm water for longer than intended. (After that I go a setting colder.) I've worn these so much that the soles show some serious wear (griptape on a skateboard is pretty rough). Liquisole (a bit like shoe goo) sticks well to them, though, so I've just built up the soles again where they were getting too worn. These have also been to the beach, but a lake this time. They don't let more sand in than regular shoes, and stay remarkably clean for primarily yellow shoes, and they held up well to the lake water as well.

The soles on these are better, so pushing my skateboard is not an issue, here.

*Vibram FiveFingers Bikila, white/red
    These fit tighter than the others. More like a second skin (but thanks to the toe pockets, they don't compress my toes like One Moments, though). I couldn't wear them with socks and feel comfortable. The toes have some sort of transparent plastic on top near the tips which has come a bit loose, possibly due to contact with sea water (I kind of had to take a swim with them thanks to a boat-related mishap). Other than the small, unnecessary plastic thingies, these basically look like they did when I bought them, on top. Like the yellow ones they've stayed remarkably clean. I've washed these too in my washing machine, without incident.

The soles are essentially as good as those on the KMDs, and may be slightly more resistant to wear.

*Zem 2Cinch
    I ordered a pair of these one size up from the Vibrams, to make sure any socks I have would fit, but still ended up wearing toe socks with them because I didn't like how regular socks would feel in them (they kind of stretched and pulled my toes together when I put the shoes on, and I don't like it, now that I wear shoes that don't do that sort of thing all the time, and have gotten used to not feeling that). I mainly got them to use with trousers, rather than shorts, as the Vibrams can look a bit strange in conjunction with anything with full length legs.

I like them a lot, and they fit very well when I've got my socks on, other than perhaps having a few millimeters too much room in the toe department (I did order them one size up, so this should be expected). They've got this square looking toe box and really stretchy mesh fabric on top that lets me move my toes like with Vibrams.

I've only got two issues with them, the first being that I don't know if they're machine washable (I always wear them with socks though, so they don't have the potential for smelling that my Vibrams do), and the second is that lots of sand got into the mesh fabric, and inside the shoes, when I wore these at the beach, so for a while I kept finding more sand when I'd worn them. I didn't dunk them in a lake or in the sea though, so I can't say whether you can take them swimming, however. For some reason I'm not super keen on running in them, which may be due to the toe compartment being just a tad too roomy, but for skateboarding they're only very slightly behind the KMDs. And they look more neutral, which can be a big plus when doing work things.

---

So what I'm saying here is that I've tried on a bunch of minimalist shoes, and while they're all wearable, sort of, I like my Vibram FF KMD Sports and Zem 2Cinches best, so if you were looking to try (more?) shoes of this type, that's where I'd start. Best shoes I've ever had.

Now I just need something for when it gets really cold (looking at Vibram Lontras or Zem Heros a bit), and I'm set for shoes until these fall apart, except for when cycling with proper pedals or playing football, ofc.
    Last edited by Snee; 09-21-2013 at 11:47 AM.

7. Lounge   -   #4637
    ..... BT Rep: +2
    Agreed... Breaking Bad did not have much of a story left after the last few seasons. I like the way characters are dropping and its the end of the road for Walt! Dexter though. I like Dexter. Showtime is definitely milking that show. Dexter's character is the only one I can stomach. So glad Lagordo got it last season. She was annoying. The entire cast sucks except Michael C Hall. Remember Dokes? Hate how every bad guy gets a corny name like "Ice cream cone killer or "brain surgeon",gtfoh.... Dumbest (telivision) police department ever! Trinity and Dexter should have been the end of the show. Thankfully Breaking Bad has better writers.

Quote Originally Posted by Skiz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mulder View Post
    Breaking Bad is so, so, so awesome!1 they're ending it properly!!! And the last two episodes are each going to be 15 minutes longer! Dexter, i don't know wtf they're doing. To say its the last ever episode they've fucked it as far as I’m concerned. they're concentrating on characters that have been in it for just a few episodes, Dexter's turned into a pussy. All the new characters are terrible. Everything’s so obvious and clumsy, i feel cheated. (feelings, lolz )

Breaking Bad is the way a show is supposed to be done: kill it off before it gets shit and fades away. And they're not saving everything for one final episode; they're taking time to spread it out in an actual storyline instead of saying "here's a bunch of jaw dropping shite in the last episode that makes no sense but we don't care anymore lol!!1"

Speaking of fading away, Dex has been borderline shit since season 4 when it peaked (the John Lithgow season) but I have to finish it out.

Last week's Dexter discussion in spoiler...

Spoiler: Show

8. Lounge   -   #4638

9. Lounge   -   #4639
    TheFoX's Avatar www.arsebook.com
    You are going to hell!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by OlegL
    You are one of the nicest and most mature people on this board; I would never ignore someone like you.

10. Lounge   -   #4640
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Son of a bee sting. I thought Dex and Breaking Bad were ending tonight, but BB still has one more episode next week.

Dex finale was shit btw. No surprise there.

yo