Page 528 of 545 FirstFirst ... 28428478518525526527528529530531538 ... LastLast
Results 5,271 to 5,280 of 5447

Thread: Last one to post wins the internets (archived)

Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    I think Reality opened the floodgates for the stupids or something else.

yo

2. Lounge   -   #5272
    As a chemistry researcher, I fully support open journals. Especially since academic research is usually owned by the university or professor...the journal should have no exclusivity.

But hey, if someone can lock it down and make money on it, they will!

3. Lounge   -   #5273
    I agree with these pages

4. Lounge   -   #5274
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    I may go all rogue and beginning banning all these accounts if this keeps up. There's no good reason why we should have a sudden surge in posts from users who signed up 4 years ago with one post under their belt, to all suddenly come back and start posting nonsense.

yo

5. Lounge   -   #5275
    I am totally lost!

6. Lounge   -   #5276
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiz View Post
    I may go all rogue and beginning banning all these accounts if this keeps up. There's no good reason why we should have a sudden surge in posts from users who signed up 4 years ago with one post under their belt, to all suddenly come back and start posting nonsense.
    1. Make user group that only has access to the bt section.
    2. Put all of these guys in there.
    3. ???
    4. Serious fucking profit, to the max.

7. Lounge   -   #5277
    At risk of sounding like a douche, I'll say RealitY is really testing my patience with this shit.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

8. Lounge   -   #5278
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    I'm not sure if he did anything or not. I shot him a PM asking about it so we'll see. Maybe he sent out one of those mass "we haven't seen you in a while" emails.

I guess I'll leave all the accts and posts. I thought for sure some spam links and posts would follow but for the most part they seem to be legit posts.

yo

9. Lounge   -   #5279
    dion09529's Avatar Helter Skelter BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by dion09529 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dion09529 View Post

If for the last action, the publication of legal documents, the FBI failed, ultimately, to find sufficient legal grounds to impeach him for downloading JSTOR articles, prosecutors worked very hard, Swartz's indictments blamed on totaling 50 years in prison plus a huge fine. Meanwhile, prosecutors offered a sentence of six months in prison provided admitting guilt. If Swartz wouldn't have pleaded guilty and was sentenced, his lawyer argued that prosecutors should be required 7-8 years in prison, other experts said it could take more. Very significant is that the inquiry was taken from the beginning by the Secret Service, which says a lot about the importance given by the government, not just for this case, but the issue in general.
    Why this indictment is tougher than the injury crimes or even death, which any normal person would consider more serious? Firstly because it's a lot of money, of course. Scientific publications's editors, make huge profits: one of the largest, Elsevier, had in 2010 a profit of 724 million pounds (about 900 million euro at that time) and a profit of not less than 36%!
    For this money, obviously the companies have strong political influence, making an effective lobby for more restrictive rules as to access to information. Elsevier promoted these restrictions not only for privately produced content (however, much of the scientific content is based on public money), and for a aberrant bill that would be completely eliminated public access to information produced from public money.
    Old shit was here. Now it's gone.

10. Lounge   -   #5280
    I'm not sure if he did anything or not. I shot him a PM asking about it so we'll see. Maybe he sent out one of those mass "we haven't seen you in a while" emails.
    Check the team chat.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."