Page 446 of 545 FirstFirst ... 346396436443444445446447448449456496 ... LastLast
Results 4,451 to 4,460 of 5447

Thread: Last one to post wins the internets (archived)

Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Sorry about your feet. If it's stress fractures or whatever I bet they heal up stronger, though.

No offense taken

Like I said, I quite like them, but most likely won't use them for running or skateboarding and whatnot I'd use vibrams for.

Pretty sweet, easily tailored to my feet, and not at all expensive sandals for casual wear, is my take, really.

While I'm at it, I've been looking at more shoes. Zem Heros or Vibram Lontras for winter wear, and possible Zem Cinches (the grey ones) for when I sort of have to look presentable.

Pretty much switching out all my shoes, it seems like, and maybe giving up on a couple of pairs of cycling shoes, even. I've got a wider pair of Looks that still work, and won't be too much of a contrast to my vibrams, though.
    Last edited by Snee; 08-23-2013 at 10:29 PM.

2. Lounge   -   #4452
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    For those of us who do more pulling up to the ice cream stand than pull-ups, I have found these shoes: http://www.payless.com/store/safeTst...ame=Safetstep+ to be very much like walking on an anti-fatigue floor mat. My feet feel better for wearing them (for around the house AND errands) than not.

I tried a pair of the name brand [foamy clogs worn by Mario Batali] a few years ago and ended up giving them away. These are different and about 1/3 the cost.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

3. Lounge   -   #4453
    Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Aw'wite you slags.

i've just come from the gym lyke, but not my normal gym cos that's in the city i work in and not live in. i paid a day pass to use the one round the corner from here which has communal/roman style showers e.g its one big oval room with loads of bumming

i don't go in for all that fancy trainers stuffs, i think you should have a decent pair of trainers h'obviously but i'd never pay more than lyke £40

i'd like to try barefoot style ones though, i see some guys wearing them on the treadmills but i'd be scared of out running a cheetah thus destroying time its self .....saying that i've not done much cardio these past couple months because these guns run from nothing.

gorilla_shark_nice_high_five.jpg

...in other illiterate news, i have nothing to do. the misses is ill or on the rag or something and my real life human friends are off getting high some place but I've not smoked in 5 days, fags or other stuffs, its going well.

I have a moldy fridge, black moulds by the looks of it - the power went off for three days and when it came back on it was filled with life but instead of cleaning it i'm going to level up my dark elf in Oblivion

4. Lounge   -   #4454
    ckrit's Avatar Flagpole
    Zem Ninja shoes aren't that expensive. IDK about sub-£40, but, you know...ninja.
    ckrit d<rit c|<rit

Mi signotaur > urs.

5. Lounge   -   #4455
    TBH, I don't work out that hard these days. Joining a gym is probably in my future (it's been a long time since I was part of one). I have never really bothered since I was much younger. I was lifting weights and doing martial arts for over two years, and was still skinny as fuck at the end of it, being a proper hard-gainer ectomorph type. This last year my metabolism seems to have slowed down enough for me to add just a little weight, though (or it was just me eating as I always have, but not exercising properly while I had my bandage on last summer and that). It pretty much stopped after my trip to Greece, though, but I have high hopes I can get it rolling again/add some muscle this time around.

At the moment I mostly just longboard for my legs and cardio, and do different types of pushups and a couple of other exercises for my upper body. For pushups it's regular, diamond and (crap form) handstand style, mostly. I take care to add enough resistance so I can't do more than 15 a set (fewer from handstand). Which should be high enough to build muscle rather than just more endurance.

6. Lounge   -   #4456
    Oh snap i longboard too!111 living next to a beach its hard not to. What kind of board you got? mines a lush makonga, its pretty sweet but not amazing - a step up from the Mindless entry level board i was using, not being doing it for long... i prefer a pin-tail though, not one for sliding (mainly cos i can't).

7. Lounge   -   #4457
    Loaded Vanguard with Paris 180 trucks, low risers for the trucks, double Venom cones for bushings atm (83a/80a boardside/roadside I think), Orangatang In Heats for wheels, with Seismic Tekton 6 ball bearings (just ruined some loaded Jehu 2s).

For Rainy days I've got a Penny Nickel. Gonna change the trucks on that and build up another board soonish as well, though.

I can hardly slide, myself.

8. Lounge   -   #4458
    And, you know, in case someone is wondering, I still have my bikes, and ride those as well. But a longboard works for some muscles that the cycling rly doesn't do much for, imo.

9. Lounge   -   #4459
    Quote Originally Posted by Snee View Post
    Loaded Vanguard with Paris 180 trucks, low risers for the trucks, double Venom cones for bushings atm (83a/80a boardside/roadside I think), Orangatang In Heats for wheels, with Seismic Tekton 6 ball bearings (just ruined some loaded Jehu 2s).
    Sick. I know what some of those things are

10. Lounge   -   #4460
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    I just chase a ball around and pick sticks up and stuffs. It's free, and I think it works.
    Now go away.