Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Promoting new sites which offer similar contents to FST

Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    .... will get you in trouble from now on.

This mostly affects sites offering contents similar to our bittorrent and newsgroups section. I'm obviously not talking about established and known sites, but about those emerging ones.

It is somewhat becoming a trend to use FST to promote new sites related with trades, levels, open signups, leet invite-only ass-kissing communities, etc among other things. Though FST is a site all about the free flow of information, FST is not Google. FST does not have any obligation to promote other similar sites and neither using us to do so can be considered courteous, to say the least.

So, if you want to piggyback on us to get your site known, even if attempting to do so in a subtle way, it won't be tolerated.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #2
    zonta's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    like a boss

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #3
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    I thought it had always been against the rules, but yeah this makes sense to do. Why else provide the banner advertising services? +1
    Last edited by 1000possibleclaws; 01-23-2012 at 04:13 PM.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #4

I was sick of those reposts from new blogs in an attempt to get them traffic.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #5
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Valid point. Everybody wants their own forum nowadays *sigh*.

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #6
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Owing to my ultimate anti-censorship stance on all free speech practices, it doesn't have my personal support, but I will report regardless. As far as spamming goes, in its original definition, I do have a problem with that.

What about posts criticizing them? Is that against the policy if it mentions them? Also, there is no replacement for me.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #7
    Would it not be a bad idea to sticky this post somewhere as well since it no doubt will be buried on page 2 sometime next month?

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #8
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Yeah, probably going to do that when it starts going out the first page.

Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    Owing to my ultimate anti-censorship stance on all free speech practices, it doesn't have my personal support, but I will report regardless. As far as spamming goes, in its original definition, I do have a problem with that.

What about posts criticizing them? Is that against the policy if it mentions them? Also, there is no replacement for me.
    There's no issue at all debating stuff happening at other places, that's not what this warning is about.
    I'm talking about people opening threads to advertise their sites, which has been happening quite often lately. Maybe you didn't notice because I trashed them.
    Last edited by Cabalo; 01-25-2012 at 03:01 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #9
    cRaZyzMaN's Avatar Benfica Fan BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Cabalo do u remember this some years ago in some other foruns ahahahhaha

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #10
    Yeah, similar stuff happened during the portuguese newsgroups wartime. Those were the times...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast