Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Notice of DMCA received on TL...

megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Sincerely,
    Comcast Customer Security Assurance

Copyright work(s) identified in the notification of claimed infringement:

Title: The Adjustment Bureau
    Infringement Source: BitTorrent
    Initial Infringement Timestamp: 13 Jan 2012 04:11:02 GMT Recent Infringement Timestamp: 22 Jan 2012 23:31:17 GMT Infringing Filename: The.Adjustment.Bureau.2011.720p.BluRay.x264-SiNNERS
    Infringing File size: 4758228610
    Infringers IP Address: xxxxxxxxxx
    Infringers DNS Name: xxxxxxxxxxcomcast.net
    Bay ID:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Port ID: xxxxx
    Just a heads-up. This was received today regarding a file I have been seeding on TL.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    merwais's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Normally DMCA notice has tracker URL also.

I can't see tracker.torrentleech.org there. Lots of people downloading from public torrent sites and later blaming a private tracker.

Infringing File size: 4758228610

File size is not matching. I checked "The.Adjustment.Bureau.2011.720p.BluRay.x264-SiNNERS", TL release is different size, is not even close to 4758228610 (Filze size on TL is smaller).

You should keep log from where you are downloading ur stuff !!!

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Looks like its from TL, file-size doesn't seem to be miles off or anything, maybe a MB or two off, and the file is still on there. Also, the file is still on there, with tons of snatches, so it would be a perfect target for this. Also, TL being a target/other members getting these notices in the past, it would not be a stretch that you could get dinged on a big-name movie there.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by merwais View Post
    Normally DMCA notice has tracker URL also.

I can't see tracker.torrentleech.org there. Lots of people downloading from public torrent sites and later blaming a private tracker.
    If he has downloaded and seeded that torrent from and on TL only, there's no question here, I think.

This is known to happen, sharky made an article on his site and all. I blame the size of their userbase.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    I use IP Filters to download from TL.
    It's far from being foulproof, but I feel better with those on.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    As soon as I received the notice, I shut down my client. I did not remove the torrent, as I was still seeding. I thought it best to check all of my torrents for similarities (often big-budget flops), and minimize my risk of receiving another notice.

For those who give Merwais any credibility , here is a screen cap of my seeded TL file. It is the one I received the notice for...

Last edited by megabyteme; 01-24-2012 at 09:09 PM. Reason: Image was too small to read. Replaced.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    merwais's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    I use IP Filters to download from TL.
    It's far from being foulproof, but I feel better with those on.
    Having IP Filter is always good but i saw many many users on TL and even GFT reported about DMCA Notice and later found he downloaded the torrent from demonoid or ThePirateBay.
    And users were telling they downloaded only and only from that site and later found downloaded from Demonoid

I am not saying TL is 100% secure but they should not directly blame a Tracker, they should be 100% sure before writing this. This warning means alot for a private tracker.

@megabyteme, i am not saying you are lying, i saw lots of wrong reports that's why. I think you definitely received that warning from TL downloading... saying from ur Screenshot
    Last edited by merwais; 01-24-2012 at 09:15 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    And, just to show Merwais is always smarter before he makes a post (hint):

Look at the one marked "GigaBytes", Merwais. You fumb duck...

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    ^yeah, kinda did that on my own, not using that, just the 1024 rule, and a basic calculator
    /in my original post I mean....
    Last edited by kingeater; 01-24-2012 at 09:19 PM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    With the political games going on right now, it is best for everyone to keep a close eye on their sharing habits. Look at the news page here- things are getting ugly...

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast