Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How The F Did We Lose Our Hair?

Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Originally posted by hobbes@16 November 2003 - 01:21

Once hair became unrelated to survival, hair became totally expendible from an evolutionary standpoint.  Hair mutation would not be fatal, so through time all the mutations in the hair genes became additive and our thick fur coats became a thing of the past.

Evolution only holds on to those things that ensure survival to the reproductive age, the rest are free to mutate as they please.
    Then why have men still got nipples?

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Darth Sushi's Avatar Sushi Lord
    Do you think I'm sexy?

3. Lounge   -   #13
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    My hair is a casualty of coaching Little League Baseball.

Nothing strange or phenomenal there.

Part of it is internalization of stress; a Dr. once told me if I could yell at the kids, my hair wouldn't go away so fast.

I yelled once, and got a hatful of hair for my trouble.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Originally posted by Rat Faced+16 November 2003 - 02:30--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Rat Faced &#064; 16 November 2003 - 02:30)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-hobbes@16 November 2003 - 01:21

Once hair became unrelated to survival, hair became totally expendible from an evolutionary standpoint. Hair mutation would not be fatal, so through time all the mutations in the hair genes became additive and our thick fur coats became a thing of the past.

Evolution only holds on to those things that ensure survival to the reproductive age, the rest are free to mutate as they please.
    Then why have men still got nipples?

[/b][/quote]
    Before I reply seriously, I would like to say: LOL&#33;

The genetic integrity of the nipple is maintained through females. A mother cannot raise children without a good set of knockers and nipples. Females maintain the integrity of the nipple genetic sequence and since we get DNA from both sexes, your mom is pulling the weight in ensuring that your nipples are erect and rosy red.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Darth Sushi's Avatar Sushi Lord
    I remember that we start out as females, but if we get some additional hormones, we then become males (with nipples).

6. Lounge   -   #16
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by Darth Sushi@15 November 2003 - 22:17
    I remember that we start out as females, but if we get some additional hormones, we then become males (with nipples).
    I believe you&#39;ve struck on it, Darth-

Hobbes has Bullock-brain, and can&#39;t be trusted to post appropriately here.

What a babe she is.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Originally posted by j2k4+16 November 2003 - 03:40--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (j2k4 @ 16 November 2003 - 03:40)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Darth Sushi@15 November 2003 - 22:17

What a babe she is. [/b][/quote]
    My panties fell off. I think they may have slipped under the TV. Let me bend over from the knees and look.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

8. Lounge   -   #18
    UKMan's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by hobbes+16 November 2003 - 03:52--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hobbes @ 16 November 2003 - 03:52)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by j2k4@16 November 2003 - 03:40
    <!--QuoteBegin-Darth Sushi
    @15 November 2003 - 22:17

What a babe she is.
    My panties fell off. I think they may have slipped under the TV. Let me bend over from the knees and look. [/b][/quote]
    That certainly made even more of my hair fall out

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12