Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to go for DnB and Dubstep?

Yeah so I've heard of DB9 but I'm no trader and work full time and stuff so I don't think I'll get into that place, however I'm wondering if others who listen to DnB and/or Dubstep have any advice on how to track down this kind of music by other methods or trackers. Currently when I hear something I like on beatport I first look on the RuTracker, failing that I use DDL search like Filestube, DDL forum called FunkySouls and finally I hope the track is on Soundcloud or Youtube so I can grab it, sometimes I'll google also but that rarely turns up anything. Needless to say this process takes forever, it succeeds maybe for 60% of the tracks I search and probably will work less in the future with certain sharing servers like filesonic becoming useless.

So how do you get your DnB/Dubstep? I need help
    Last edited by jiddu; 01-26-2012 at 12:29 AM.

2. Music   -   #2
    Human_Being's Avatar Poster
    u dont

P.S did not read in its entirety
    Last edited by Human_Being; 01-26-2012 at 12:30 AM.
    Perpetual Shitemonger!

3. Music   -   #3
    yeah, thanks

4. Music   -   #4
    Human_Being's Avatar Poster
    hey dont get sarcastic with me, i wasnt with you

oh my the way...demonoid
    Last edited by Human_Being; 01-26-2012 at 12:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Perpetual Shitemonger!

5. Music   -   #5
    Have to say I'm really not a fan of either genre, especially considering that they practically bombard every single video game trailer as of late...

6. Music   -   #6
    Yeah it's not for everybody, I've been listening to all kinds of electronica for many many years now but DnB took a while to grow on me, finally years back when some producers realized you can make the sound more upbeat I got hooked and it's gotten to the point where if I can't find new DnB and Dubstep I don't want to listen to music. (I'm on and off with the filesharing, and things have really changed from the old days )

As far as Dubstep goes I usually like the songs which are not the typical "hits", or as you said, not the type of songs that become soundtracks for game trailers and things like that. The popularity of Dubstep is really crazy to me honestly, it's not very dance friendly for the average joe, it doesn't even sound pleasant most of the time, the beat is more complicated than the simple 4x4.. but there are people requesting Dubstep songs on radio stations here that play campy eurodance and things like that normaly, it's insane.

Anyway, I've a bit of a problem since it's tough to track the music down. I've found trackers and DDL sites for the genre and they usually have less of what I'm looking for than even Filestube will throw up or the generic russian tracker, it sucks.

7. Music   -   #7
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Give Soulseek a try.

8. Music   -   #8
    Soulseek still exists? Didn't work too well back in the day for me but it's worth a try I guess. All these DDL sites are going down, horrible what's happening to the internet these days.

9. Music   -   #9
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by jiddu View Post
    Yeah so I've heard of DB9 but I'm no trader and work full time and stuff so I don't think I'll get into that place, however I'm wondering if others who listen to DnB and/or Dubstep have any advice on how to track down this kind of music by other methods or trackers. Currently when I hear something I like on beatport I first look on the RuTracker, failing that I use DDL search like Filestube, DDL forum called FunkySouls and finally I hope the track is on Soundcloud or Youtube so I can grab it, sometimes I'll google also but that rarely turns up anything. Needless to say this process takes forever, it succeeds maybe for 60% of the tracks I search and probably will work less in the future with certain sharing servers like filesonic becoming useless.

So where do you get your DnB/Dubstep? I need help
    I'm sticking with my original answer of "Hell" here.

Respect my lack of authority.

10. Music   -   #10
    blog4dj.org

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast