Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: megabyteme has exceeded their private message quota

Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Maybe time to delete some
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    In the old days, if you misbehaved on a tracker, you got disabled, or worse, IP banned.

Nowadays, there are more trackers than there are members, so if your tracker misbehaves, they get bookmark removed, or worse, URL deleted.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    How else am I supposed to get any peace and quiet? Oh, the perils of being in demand loved liked tolerated too lazy to delete old messages...

Space cleared, thanks for the reminder.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Cleared some out myself after posting this thread. I too have been in demand loved liked tolerated too lazy to delete old messages...

Mods, feel free to trash. Issue fixed.
    Last edited by Night0wl; 01-26-2012 at 11:01 PM.
    In the old days, if you misbehaved on a tracker, you got disabled, or worse, IP banned.

Nowadays, there are more trackers than there are members, so if your tracker misbehaves, they get bookmark removed, or worse, URL deleted.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    How else am I supposed to get any peace and quiet? Oh, the perils of being in demand loved liked tolerated too lazy to delete old messages...

What the fuck does this have to do with bittorrent ?
    Also you know they just erased a lot of good old posts to make room for shit like this so if I was you I would be feeling immense guilt right about now.
    Respect my lack of authority.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Well this is the BitTorrent forum and the message I was going to send to MBM was about a bittorrent site. As I didn't want to post what I wanted to PM him about in public, this seemed like the easiest option.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6

You can export them as XML, then use vBulletin PM Reader to do the obvious in case you want to free some space up, but still keep your messages.

Using notices so that the site informs you when your PM box is full (technically, between 100% and 100% of its capacity) would be cool.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    I did not know about the XML option. Most of the messages I get are *cough* not of archive value. I just don't get around to deleting stuff like I should. I do get notices sent to my gmail account when someone tries to contact me when it is full, but I don't always check that every day.

Thanks for the heads-up regarding XML, anon. I may use that just to clear things out quickly, from time to time.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post

You can export them as XML, then use vBulletin PM Reader to do the obvious in case you want to free some space up, but still keep your messages.

Using notices so that the site informs you when your PM box is full (technically, between 100% and 100% of its capacity) would be cool.
    I hate it when you're helpful.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    I did not know about the XML option. Most of the messages I get are *cough* not of archive value. I just don't get around to deleting stuff like I should.
    I'm a hoarder too

I hate it when you're helpful.
    I do my best.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    I wouldn't complain but you know the PMs are more of that ghey talk.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast