Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Fans

i was like that to VB, i showed every one and everything, no i have 120mm fan in front and 2 80mm in back and still no damn temp change!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by Virtualbody1234@15 November 2003 - 20:06
    clocker, maybe you could sell all the fans to abu and he could install them all with his lights, disco ball and carnival ride and then he could watch the forth of july burst out of his 500 watt power supply.
    Well Abu, make me an offer.
    I have seven Thermaltake 3-bladed fans-very quiet.
    I have 4 Zalman low-profile fans -also very quiet and cool grills.
    I have three Thermaltake Ducting mod tubes.

No LEDs in any of them, unfortunately.
    I wouldn't recommend you put your CPU fan onto the speed controller. With the reduced voltage, sometimes fans refuse to start. Maybe it won't do it at first but who knows what will happen months from now. All it takes is one time. It's not worth risking your CPU for that.
    This HSF comes with a speed controller.
    Anyway, I'm not really concerned with a few months from now.
    In a few weeks this SOB will be water cooled.

Which means that the HSF too will be up for sale.

I am such a spendthrift...
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    Originally posted by Virtualbody1234@15 November 2003 - 22:06
    clocker, maybe you could sell all the fans to abu and he could install them all with his lights, disco ball and carnival ride and then he could watch the forth of july burst out of his 500 watt power supply.
    y do u guys keep saying i'll blow up my computer? i have 2 cold cathodes in there now, and a 4 led fan on the side of my case. no probs yet. I'M NOT AN IDIOT! it's not like i've never built computers b4. i'm gonna cry
    yes, i'm not an idiot, and i wasn't crying, but pick on someone else. pick on someone who really doesn't know anything bout comp hardware.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    lynx's Avatar .
    I am now using Speedfan to control my fans and temps (thanks abu, you got something right at least). Current HSF speed is 1740 rpm, cpu temp is 34C.

PS (Enermax 400W) fan speed is 1760 rpm (manually controlled on the back panel) but I never have to adjust it.

I've got another fan mounted in the front (input, yes, I know what I said) but it was so noisy I disconnected it.

My only criticism of Speedfan is that my fan speed is very sensitive at the bottom end and makes almost no difference at the top end. On other machines I have seen the opposite effect.

The sensitivity in the program is 1%, but the sensitivity of the hardware is 0.4%. A simple mapping table could spread the sensitive areas over a larger part of the adjustable scale and therefore make the adjustment more linear.

Just noticed VB's last post - since the hardware uses duty cycle ratio to adjust fan speed, it always runs at full voltage. Inrush currents ensure startup but duty cycle ratio keeps the speed down.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Originally posted by Virtualbody1234@15 November 2003 - 20:24

About the --- ole "I told ya so". I hope you don't take my comments in the wrong way. I am only trying my best to communicate here.

If it comes across badly, it's not my intention.
    I was only being the clown here, VB, not to worry.

Besides that, I deserved a "I told you so" in this case.
    I am not averse to taking crap when I deserve it, as my nick implies , I just "keep on tickin" ( is John Cameron Swayze dead, btw?).

Abu, don't you realize yet that we are (mostly) just funnin wit ya?
    For Christmas would you like a thicker skin?

And what about those fans?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Yeah, abu, don't take it seriously. We're only joking.

And what about those fans?
    I don't need them myself, clocker. I already have a box full.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    A man can never have too many fans, vbod.

You may have a freak heat wave up there.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Ex-member
    eBay would be a good way to get rid of the fans, someone might snap them all up from you.

I'd have considered it if I lived in the US - I'm always having to tweak and upgrade people's PCs, so a bunch of fans would be handy. You'll surely be able to find someone to sell them to

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Poster
    @ lamsey buy the cheap 4 pin £0.84 ones from ebuyer!

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    BANNED
    When a company releases a CPU with a heatsink and fan, it should be obvious that what they supply is going to be sufficient to cool the CPU. They can't afford to have their CPU's seizing up all over the place. Extra fans and cooling are for extra reasons. I live in a country where the temperature indoors can reach into the 40's (celsius) and the humidity to over 100%. Overclockers also need extra cooling. You should set your fans to come on only when the temperature inside your case reaches a certain temperature. Don't throw them away, you haven't had a summer yet.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast