Thread: "Retail" e-books?

Last edited by Emtorro; 01-31-2012 at 05:22 PM.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    wesleywil

Heart

How easy is it to earn money selling e-books?
    I enjoy writing on 'self-help' subjects, especially job-hunting/recruitment, retail sales and family/relationships. I'm toying with the idea of trying to earn a bit online selling e-books.
    emergency supplies
    earthquake kit
    survival kit
    Does anyone have any thoughts or experience they feel would be helful, or any sites they'd recommend?
    Last edited by wesleywil; 02-08-2012 at 06:05 AM.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by wesleywil View Post
    How easy is it to earn money selling e-books?
    I enjoy writing on 'self-help' subjects, especially job-hunting/recruitment, retail sales and family/relationships. I'm toying with the idea of trying to earn a bit online selling e-books.
    emergency supplies
    earthquake kit
    survival kit
    Does anyone have any thoughts or experience they feel would be helful, or any sites they'd recommend?
    Given this site is all about how to elicit information without having to go to the trouble of actually paying for it, I don't think the future augurs well for this particular avenue regarding the betterment of your business model.

What seems intuitive to me is that if you are going to sell any books online at all, you'd need to partner with an already established retailer.
    I feel even if the uninitiated to filesharing stumbled upon your site, they would baulk at paying for literature from an independent.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Amazon has the largest part of the market. See:
    https://kdp.amazon.com/self-publishing/signin