Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Newbies

JONNO_CELEBS's Avatar Densly Loadan BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    I know it does'nt happen here quite so much anymore but I'm sure you all remember some sort of newbie bashing when you first got here, I did!
    Personally I don't like all that crap, in another thread here someone just said
    "Everybody has to start somewhere"
    That is so true, everything I've ever done I've had someone who's good at it or been doing it for a while take the piss.

When I started surfing a few local boys took the piss........I remember getting all the "Point Break" crap about how I should'nt be in the water and I had no right.............WTF............I (being someone not to argue ) said........"So I take it that you guys just went out and bought a board and straight away were semi-pro?"............They all looked at me like ..............then one said "You better watch your mouth" ..........I laughed, I thought that was funny that they could'nt reply

So why is it some people have to try to stop others (newbies) from trying the same thing?...........I don't, I encourage, I love to see other people surf and play guitar and join forums and try to help as much as I can in the hope that they have as much fun as I do, if not more

I now have a new name...........Angel on the Newbies Shoulders

I'm serious .................Kinda

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

2. Lounge   -   #2
    so many 'newbie' questions would be answered if the n00bs would look at the help sections and the f.a.q. before posting

if the n00bs had more patience trying to answer their questions, i'd have more patience with them
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

3. Lounge   -   #3
    I was&#39;nt really talking about them asking questions..........we all ask questions, I was talking more about life in general............the way "Long timers" take the piss out of newbies, not just online but in everything, if I went and had a kick about with Man U they would most likley take the piss os their better..............but everyone can do something someone else can&#39;t...............Loads of you guys know a damn site more about puters than I do...........but I could stand you on a beach and totally baffle you...........do you see what I&#39;m saying or am I just talking shit again (something I am very good at and can happily take the piss out of people who can&#39;t talk shit)

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

4. Lounge   -   #4
    lynx's Avatar .
    I think a lot of the "problem" is that we take the piss out of each other naturally, because we are used to the way others will respond. So we do the same to noobs and they don&#39;t understand or expect that sort of treatment, and consequently get upset.

They have a choice, live with it (if they do they soon find it was not personal against them); go away (we never find out what hey thought); or get abusive (some survive and realise that it wasn&#39;t personal, others crash and burn).

Anyway, what do I know, I&#39;m just a muppet.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Yeah thats a good point, I guess every one of us is guilty of friendly piss taking of newbies , even me (which is rare cos I never take the piss do I muppet ) , so yeah..............they either take it or leave it.........I took it........I&#39;m still here.............despite you lot trying to get rid of me

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

6. Lounge   -   #6
    HeavyMetalParkingLot's Avatar Poster
    newbie lover

7. Lounge   -   #7
    And??..............Not lover.............Protector

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

8. Lounge   -   #8
    HeavyMetalParkingLot's Avatar Poster
    /me now sings in his best ron isley voice.........

"baby can i take you out and buy you some dinner"

"maybe...some peaches"

"now newbie"

"i have one question"

"newbie, can i have some booooooooooty?"

9. Lounge   -   #9
    UKMan's Avatar Poster
    I like that statement in the begining:
    "everybody has to start somewhere" even if its cliché its so true. We laugh at clichés and try to intellectualise it further to make ourselves sound better. We make excuses as to why we take the piss out of someone new, when in actual fact there is no reason at all.

Its a way for us to hide the fact we dont give a shit, but we want others to think we do. We all remember those nervous moments when starting a new career, or standing on stage the first time and puking in the dressing room 2 minutes before. But to actually admit that is considered wimpish.

I was lucky enough to be treated nicely when i arrived here. I&#39;m so glad some of the pricks that are members today were&#39;nt here to welcome me way back then. We are so caught up in our own egotisticle attitude that we get scared when someone new arrives. They may be better than me - wow - or, now im gonna take the piss just to mark how good i am....i could go on...i&#39;m boring you....

Im sick and tired of the attitude of some members of this board when it comes to newbies.

Peace
    UKMan

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Well Ukman, it looks like you and me are the acceptions............Ukman and Jonno AKA n00bman and Jobbin

Who&#39;s with us

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast