Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Revolutions Coming Home Sooner Than We Thought?

Listen.....its the sound of the WarnerBros. money peoples tills going 'Ching Ching'....the trilogy has been about making money,money,money right from the start..just look at the original 'Matrix' on DVD, here in the UK anyway they first released the movie on dvd..then brought out a version with an extra cd called 'matrix uncovered' (or something like that)..then you could buy that extra cd on its own (still retailing at around £15.00 though)...then fast foward and you have 'reloaded'...now am i the only one or did anyone else think the extra features, and just general dvd menus and such, for such a money making film (at the box office) were piss poor???...I'm guessing they'll save all the 'best' features for the 'Matrix trilogy' gold laminated/diamond encrusted 3 disc edition...just watch!!!
    I got Booted from Xbox Scene Forum...Proud??...You Betcha!!

2. Movies & TV   -   #12
    Originally posted by slimboyfatz@16 November 2003 - 08:01
    Listen.....its the sound of the WarnerBros. money peoples tills going 'Ching Ching'....the trilogy has been about making money,money,money right from the start..just look at the original 'Matrix' on DVD, here in the UK anyway they first released the movie on dvd..then brought out a version with an extra cd called 'matrix uncovered' (or something like that)..then you could buy that extra cd on its own (still retailing at around £15.00 though)...then fast foward and you have 'reloaded'...now am i the only one or did anyone else think the extra features, and just general dvd menus and such, for such a money making film (at the box office) were piss poor???...I'm guessing they'll save all the 'best' features for the 'Matrix trilogy' gold laminated/diamond encrusted 3 disc edition...just watch!!!
    they had the same thing here in the US its called The Matrix Revisited (whats with the RE's?) anyway i only bought reloaded because i like to have the real thing instead of bootlegs its just nioce to have

3. Movies & TV   -   #13
    old school
    Originally posted by tarzan@15 November 2003 - 21:34
    well,it wouldn't suprise me
    what better way to milk the cash cow completely dry than release the dvd during the biggest sale month so everybody gets it for Xmas
    including the even bigger sell item ...box set trilogy 49.99
    so the company makes even more money and manages to make a small profit from the movie since it doesnt appear it is going to pay of the 100 million++ it took to make just reloaded
    nother big blunder on hollywoods behalf
    if they come out with a box set, or let alone a "special edition" it had better have full audio commentary!

The first matrix audio commentary was awful and reloaded's commentary was missing completely. I might be alone when I say this but I DO enjoy audio commentaries on films. I usually end up watching my DVDs three times over if it has a good commentary thru the film. I was very bummed out when i found out the copy of matrix reloaded i bought didn't have any commentary on the film. I'm guessing the reason for this is that all that could have been involved in a commentary had too busy a schedule. I did enjoy some of the other "bonus features" especially the MTV movie award spoof. (Only because i don't subscribe/watch mtv) very funny though.

Hopefully if they do release it sooner than normal, I hope they can add something really enjoyable on the DVD.

4. Movies & TV   -   #14
    the only time i put on commentary is for tv shows especially cartoon ones because its hilarious when they go into character and dont get bleeped out

5. Movies & TV   -   #15
    old school
    They could learn something from Fight Club's Special Edition

6. Movies & TV   -   #16
    Poster
    well revolutions is gonna be a standalone 3 disc dvd and the box set will have m1 m revisited m2 m3 and the animatrix pictiching in around 69 to 75 dollars

7. Movies & TV   -   #17
    Originally posted by neotheone@17 November 2003 - 01:44
    well revolutions is gonna be a standalone 3 disc dvd and the box set will have m1 m revisited m2 m3 and the animatrix pictiching in around 69 to 75 dollars
    what are they gonna put on the third disc? music theres no way it will be 3 discs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12