Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ps2 Divx Playa

namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    OK I got delayed! Follow these instructions and tou should burn it OK!
    Open CDGENPS2, drag the files in the folder to the right hand side of CDGENPS2 in this order- mplayer.elf, system.cnf and cdvd.irx. Then press create image and save. Next open nero burning rom with the wizard. Select CD in the first option, then compile a CD, then other CD formats and then create cd from image. Select the image you created earlier and in the next screen select x8 from the drop down and most importantly disc at once/96 from the other drop down. To create a DivX movie disc do the same as before but only use your .avi file in the image. Boot up with PS2 Reality player disc and select your langugue and then read the disclaimer. Press start and it will give you a list of options. Press X for browser and replace the player disc with your .avi disc. Then select the movie get some popcorn and enjoy! If yourPS2 crashes when you sawp discs you'll have to burn the player and movie on one disc. To do this follow the instructions for making the player image but just add your .avi at the bottom. Try that and let me know how you get on OK?

2. File Sharing   -   #22
    imported_computerfreak76
    so you guys are saying that a vcd will NOT play in a ps2?

i made a vcd that will play in my home dvd player but wont play on my friends ps2.

3. File Sharing   -   #23
    namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    A PS2 cannot decoode MPEG (vcd) But if its a chipped PS2 and you use the player it will play DivX!

4. File Sharing   -   #24
    So what do I need to play the boot disc? When I put it in it says it is an unknown disc.

If it needs modding, is there anyway of doing it without a chip, like a Action Replay card or something?

Cheers!

5. File Sharing   -   #25
    namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    To ways without soldering- "cogswap" or "knife swap" dont know much about those but I've heard they can damage your PS2- try a google search. You could try a pnp no solder mod. You do have to open your PS2 but its just a case of unplugging a ribbon cable and then plugging it into a chip. If you do thios it will invalidate your warranty so beware!!

6. File Sharing   -   #26
    I searched for it and it came up with some things to do with Action Replay cards. Can I do it with that? It's got something to do with disc swap.

7. File Sharing   -   #27
    namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    I'll explain briefly what it is: Cog swap or knife swap is a method of forcing out the disc drive of the ole PS2 without using the eject button. It can damage your PS2 quite easily. I personally use the no solder mod and swap magic boot discs. Its quick and easy and does not hurt the PS2. I'd suggest you wait and buy a no solder mod and boot discs.

8. File Sharing   -   #28
    DayWaLk3R's Avatar Member
    Oehhh Yeah I Love You Guyz.. Watchin Die Another Day on My PS2

I'm So Happy...

But.. isn't it possible to Get some Subz with it

AnyWaYz NamZuf9.. Thanx 4 the Tut I Used the first method.. 1 CD with the player as a boot cd, then another CD with the movie.. it RuLeSz

It'z a pitty that there r no controls.. only stop

GreeTz DayWaLk3R !

9. File Sharing   -   #29
    namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    No probs. It's gr8 watching full screen Divx aint it? What did you think of the quality? As for subtitles PS2 Reality are thinking of supporting them in the next realease.

10. File Sharing   -   #30
    DayWaLk3R's Avatar Member
    It's Perfect man it Really is.. and 4 the quality.. its awesome..
    wow with Sub it wil be gr8... Tell us when you get it..

Man i never thought it would be possible.. man i just wanna Kiss yah

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast