Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Five Year's Jail For Camcorders In Cinema

Darth Sushi's Avatar Sushi Lord
    You guys and gals with cams beware:

Holidaymakers - think again before bringing your camcorder into a US cinema. If your fumbling with the battery is misconstrued as an attempt to film what's on the screen, it could land you with a five jail term under a bill proposed by two US Senators yesterday.

Senators Dianne Feinstein and John Cornyn who announced the bill today, want to punish the use or an attempt to use a video recorder in a movie theatre with a custodial sentence. That's even if you have no made no attempt, nor even have any intent to publish your footage. Anyone caught doing so faces the same five year jail sentence, even if no infringement has taken place. A second offence raises the maximum term to ten years. The bill also proposes a scale of new fines, allowing the Motion Picture Association of America the same armory as the RIAA.
    For complete story: Click Here

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    I think alot of camers and release groups are NOT in the US, so this again is useless to stop anything and will only cause more irritation and crap publicity to the population at large, especially if anyone is actually charged with this utter crap...

EDIT: FK these two idiots
    Senators Dianne Feinstein and John Cornyn
    We all know Dianne is fkin idiot already, brown nosing the big pocket again...

EDIT AGAIN: Comical, as I was just saying
    With the Senate wrapping up for the year, it's unlikely to be passed. The former Mayor of San Francisco, Feinstein received $242,066 from the entertainment industry in her most recent Senate race, making her the pigopolists third favorite Senator, after Hillary Clinton and John McCain.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Double Agent
    who is watching cam?

there is far more better svcds made...

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Originally posted by james_bond_rulez@16 November 2003 - 00:49
    who is watching cam?
    Fast Track users...

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Originally posted by REALITY@16 November 2003 - 08:47
    I think alot of camers and release groups are NOT in the US, so this again is useless to stop anything and will only cause more irritation and crap publicity to the population at large, especially if anyone is actually charged with this utter crap...

EDIT: FK these two idiots
    Senators Dianne Feinstein and John Cornyn
    We all know Dianne is fkin idiot already, brown nosing the big pocket again...

EDIT AGAIN: Comical, as I was just saying
    With the Senate wrapping up for the year, it's unlikely to be passed. The former Mayor of San Francisco, Feinstein received $242,066 from the entertainment industry in her most recent Senate race, making her the pigopolists third favorite Senator, after Hillary Clinton and John McCain.
    Thats corpoarte USA for you, if that happened in the UK it would mean certain dismissal.
    Very ammusing to watch corporations throwing their money at politicians to swing the vote their way.
    But they will never win, most cams are made in Asia.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Originally posted by devilfish@16 November 2003 - 01:07
    But they will never win, most cams are made in Asia.
    Exactly...

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Double Agent
    i am not watching those low quality cam anyways...

so why should i care?

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Originally posted by james_bond_rulez@16 November 2003 - 02:36
    i am not watching those low quality cam anyways...

so why should i care?
    Selfish Canuk...

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Double Agent
    oh man dont tell me you download those lame cam clips like 200MB-300MB releases from tmd...

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Poster
    cam clips suck
    Open your mind

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast