Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weddings.

manker's Avatar effendi
    Off to a funeral today, an elderly relative of my missus - so basically I'm just going for the beer.

I have occasion to wear suits more regularly than your average scouser but a funeral suit is different somehow. The monochromatic sharpness mixed with the intoxicating heightened sense of being alive gives rise to a certain playfulness, which is obviously important to downplay. At least initially. At the wake in the pub later, this mood permeates though everyone and a bad time is rarely had by anyone.

Each time I catch sight of my reflection I re-enact some scene involving Mr. Blonde - but only in my head. I'm sure everyone feels this way and I don't want to be the first to start humming 'Little Green Bag'.
    It just isn't the done thing.

I think I prefer funerals to weddings by approximately a brazillion percent.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    My wife somehow talked me into attending a Russian wedding. It's like a regular one, but it is in gibberish, and there are like 500 things that go on before the actual "я делаю"s. This was roughly 5 years ago, but I somehow get the feeling that horrid event is still going on somewhere.

I love each member of my immediate family dearly, but I would kill, cook, and eat each one before I would attend another Russian wedding. Seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Squeamous's Avatar Poster

Unsure

Off to a funeral today, an elderly relative of my missus - so basically I'm just going for the beer.

I have occasion to wear suits more regularly than your average scouser but a funeral suit is different somehow. The monochromatic sharpness mixed with the intoxicating heightened sense of being alive gives rise to a certain playfulness, which is obviously important to downplay. At least initially. At the wake in the pub later, this mood permeates though everyone and a bad time is rarely had by anyone.

Each time I catch sight of my reflection I re-enact some scene involving Mr. Blonde - but only in my head. I'm sure everyone feels this way and I don't want to be the first to start humming 'Little Green Bag'.

I thought you were Welsh

Also, I have you down as more of a 'he don't tip' Mr Pink.

I know what you mean though, I'm always better dressed at funerals than weddings. I don't really understand what's required of wedding clothing. I once went for a job at Accessorise and as part of the job interview they asked me to pick a bunch of accessories for a woman going to a wedding. I went for a big floppy straw hat and beach bag, which was not well received and I was practically frogmarched out. Since then I've outraged at least half a dozen weddings in various outfits: turqoise backless cocktail dress, grey woolen 50s wiggle dress, silver velour cape. I just don't know how to do crass and jolly with style

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)

That's like... the most poetic writing I've seen in a while.

On that note, I'm getting out of the house. Gonna take the pup to his favorite trail. brb.

yo

5. Lounge   -   #5
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Poetic

So yeah, the funeral was a blast. I got everyone playing Mrs. Effey and spent hours getting pished and trying not to be too smug

Also, see. mbm and Squeams don't like weddings either. I bet they both secretly like funerals.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

6. Lounge   -   #6
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Oh yeah and also; I am Welsh, Squeams, why would you assume I wasn't?
    I'm missing something

And if my personality traits were transposed into a Reservoir Dogs character, it would definitely be closest to Mr. Pink, although I've not given up on being awesome enough to be Mr. Blonde.
    One day.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Yeah funerals are best. Have you noticed how much family muck gets raked up?

"I have occasion to wear suits more regularly than your average scouser"
    ~

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeamous View Post
    Yeah funerals are best. Have you noticed how much family muck gets raked up?

"I have occasion to wear suits more regularly than your average scouser"
    ~
    I think Manker was referring to the frequency that scousers wear suits (although I haven't seen that pie chart so I'm bit lost on that one too).
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes

I like black suits - I have a couple of silvery grey ones so as not to appear totally monochromatic but I definitely prefer black. I think I count better in black
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

10. Lounge   -   #10
    oic! I think he's referring to the natural courtroom habitat if your endemic scouser lulz very funny!

You could be Mr White, Les x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast