Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ron Arad

tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    Hi,

Thought id come back here to see whats going on and post this

well, has anyone here heard of Ron Arad? to do so, youll need to jump back 17 (!!&#33 years in time, to the day he and his fellow partner in their aircraft made a little mistake and flew into Lebanese air territory, and crashed the plain.
    The partner was rescued soon after the crash, but Arad was taken in captivity by hizballah...
    17 years later, he is still there.

Lately, there has been an outbreak in an ongoing deal to swap 3 israeli soldiers, who are known are dead that were taken by hizballah 3 years ago, and Elhannan Tennenboim, a citizen who was kidnapped in Abu Dhabi while making businness (or so that was told), and for these four people, there will be 457 (if i remember correctly), 457 arab prisoners (in israel) let free (palestinians, arabs, the lot) including the guy who tortured Ron for years in Iran who i cannot currently remember his name.
    the thing is, that latest news shows that Ron may still be alive, 17 years after he was taken prisoner in Lebanon and later transferred to Iran, and the Israeli government (which i live under) is doing absolutely NOTHING to include Ron in this ongoing deal!!!

dont get me wrong, but more and more people are getting invloved in this unfairness, and actually, the fact is that for Israel, a persons life is worth a lot more here than for hizballah, 100 or so prisoners for every person, which also gives a hint about how much hizballah cares about the people they call "holy fighters".

just to give us people something to talk about.

tralalala

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    BANNED
    Israel needs the prison space so they can go on arresting 100's more arabs and imprisoning them without charges or trials.

... he and his fellow partner in their aircraft made a little mistake and flew into Lebanese air territory, and crashed the plain.
    Edit: I should just add here that Ron Arad was an Israeli air force navigator whose plane was shot down in an illegal incursion into Lebanon, in which many innocent civilians were killed. The raid was later condemned by the United Nations. It was not a little mistake.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    BANNED
    I will just say here, seperately, that I hope he is alive, and well, and I hope he is returned as part of this deal.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by Billy_Dean@16 November 2003 - 13:10
    Israel needs the prison space so they can go on arresting 100's more arabs and imprisoning them without charges or trials.

... he and his fellow partner in their aircraft made a little mistake and flew into Lebanese air territory, and crashed the plain.
    Edit: I should just add here that Ron Arad was an Israeli air force navigator whose plane was shot down in an illegal incursion into Lebanon, in which many innocent civilians were killed. The raid was later condemned by the United Nations. It was not a little mistake.

Looks to me Billy that Isreal is building the biggest prison in the world.

i like yer avatar
    Man U fer eva

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    BANNED
    i like yer avatar biggrin.gif
    Thanx Billy, how about this one for you?

Just copy and paste it into your avatar settings.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    theres still one thing you dont understand:
    hizballah take israeli prisoners because they know we care more about our prisoners than they do, and that they will get some 100's for every prisoner they take.

i dont see why we cant give all theirs back andtake all ours back...

tralalala

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    BANNED
    Why don't they care as much as Israel? Are they less human? How many Israeli prisoners do they have? Very few! Against 100's that have been arrested without charges or trials. So they take yours to get theirs back, what's your problem?

And what about your original post, what about the little "mistake" comment? Those planes bombed refugee camps, they killed innocent civilians, you made it sound like they were on a day trip and wandered across the border by mistake.

I'm not surprised MediaSlayer has stayed away from this thread.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    right lets get something straight here:
    they are not less human, but care less about their "freedome fighters", the imprison our people with no trial because they know we will give them 100's of prisoners per person taken by them.
    about the little mistake: they were s-h-o-t d-o-w-n its not that difficult to understand....

i dont see why all of our prisoners for all of theirs is a good deal...

tralalala

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Originally posted by tralalala@17 November 2003 - 14:21
    about the little mistake: they were s-h-o-t d-o-w-n its not that difficult to understand....

i dont see why all of our prisoners for all of theirs is a good deal...
    Well obvoiusly it was a bit of a mistake for the guys who got shot down! The Arabs doing the shooting didn't make the mistake: they hit them! And they hit them because they were flying somewhere they shouldn't: Lebannon.

And the Lebannese (and Palistinians) don't have the huge resources that the US provides to Isreal. Thats why the only way they can have an effect is by suicide bombings. Everyone makes a big deal about "holy warriors being rewarded in heaven". You'd be lucky to have such a cool deal with God, especially when you only have a few kilos of C4!

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    ok Alex, so what your saying now is that suicide bombings is ok, lets let all the arabs do as many of those as we want, like in istanbul a couple days ago, all ok with bombings. i think not.

just something to chew on

tralalala

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast