Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Medical Question

Poster
    Is it possible to carry on a full and active life if you have one of your livers removed surgically.

I'm a bit short of cash just now and was thinking of selling one to raise some readies. Otherwise there will be no apple in the near future.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    stay fit, eat the right foods & don't get pissed on a daily basis,

and u will b fine...

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Poster
    Originally posted by MetroStars@16 November 2003 - 14:11
    stay fit, eat the right foods & don't get pissed on a daily basis,

and u will b fine...
    What if I can't manage any of those three tho'

What would the worst case scenario be.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    UKMan's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by J'Pol@16 November 2003 - 14:09
    Is it possible to carry on a full and active life if you have one of your livers removed surgically.

I'm a bit short of cash just now and was thinking of selling one to raise some readies. Otherwise there will be no apple in the near future.
    I believe that up to 80% of the liver can be removed with no immediate danger. As to a normal live afterwards, leave that to the experts to answer.

Peace
    UKMan

5. Lounge   -   #5
    muchspl2
    Originally posted by J'Pol@16 November 2003 - 14:09

you only have onw liver, so the anwser is no

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Poster
    Originally posted by muchspl2+16 November 2003 - 14:15--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (muchspl2 @ 16 November 2003 - 14:15)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-J&#39;Pol@16 November 2003 - 14:09

I&#39;m a bit short of cash just now and was thinking of selling one to raise some readies. Otherwise there will be no apple in the near future.

you only have onw liver, so the anwser is no [/b][/quote]
    That&#39;s a bit of a blow.

What about one of my pancreases. Would I have to cut back on the sugary foods ?

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Poster
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol+16 November 2003 - 13:18--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (J&#39;Pol @ 16 November 2003 - 13:18)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by muchspl2@16 November 2003 - 14:15
    <!--QuoteBegin-J&#39;Pol
    @16 November 2003 - 14:09

I&#39;m a bit short of cash just now and was thinking of selling one to raise some readies. Otherwise there will be no apple in the near future.

What about one of my pancreases. Would I have to cut back on the sugary foods ? [/b][/quote]
    I wouldn&#39;t trust muchspl2&#39;s medical diagnosis over the internet, it can&#39;t be accurate.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    UKMan's Avatar Poster
    I should have known better

9. Lounge   -   #9
    muchspl2
    no you need that also, you could sell a kidney or a testicle, but not sure of the black market prices

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Poster
    Originally posted by callum+16 November 2003 - 14:20--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (callum @ 16 November 2003 - 14:20)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@16 November 2003 - 13:18
    Originally posted by muchspl2@16 November 2003 - 14:15
    <!--QuoteBegin-J&#39;Pol
    @16 November 2003 - 14:09

What about one of my pancreases. Would I have to cut back on the sugary foods ?
    I wouldn&#39;t trust muchspl2&#39;s medical diagnosis over the internet, it can&#39;t be accurate. [/b][/quote]
    Good news, so I may have 2 after all.

How would I check, I really do need the cash.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast