Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mental problems ?

manker's Avatar effendi
    I think maybe you missed the triple thrust of my purple headed pseudo-grammaticasting

Anyways, I haven't read a book type papery book for well over a year. Kind Les put paid to that a while back.
    While I've never gone to the extreme of physically correcting a book with a magenta pen, I have stopped reading authors if their grammar is shite. It pleases me to do so.

Also, I can't correct Idol, he's is in the same category as Arty. Both particularly erudite and capable of constructing any number of grammatically perfect sentences.
    Except they don't
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    I think maybe you missed the triple thrust of my purple headed pseudo-grammaticasting

Anyways, I haven't read a book type papery book for well over a year. Kind Les put paid to that a while back.
    While I've never gone to the extreme of physically correcting a book with a magenta pen, I have stopped reading authors if their grammar is shite. It pleases me to do so.
    I didn't miss it. I thought it was brilliant. I just wanted to drown it in a sea of comma-induced abominations.

Lately I've had trouble finding a well written book. Bukowski books have flown to the top of my "Read soon" list. Hoping he's worth the jump.

It seems writers cater to an audience of 9th graders on a regular basis. My latest book was Iago - all I can say that book is a gigantic shite stain on the English authorship community.
    Ellipses go here.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata

Also, I can't correct Idol, he's is in the same category as Arty. Both particularly erudite and capable of constructing any number of grammatically perfect sentences.
    Except they don't
    I fool women into thinking the same thing about my sexual capabilities. Sooner or later though they come to the realization though that appearances aside this is as good as it's ever going to get.
    Anyway no hard feeling about you looking down on my grammatical abilities as if we are speaking truthfully here,I look down on you in pretty much every other way.

Btw I realize I'm assuming a lot here but overall I find assumption is far less time intensive and taking the time to actually learn something.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 02-14-2012 at 05:28 PM.
    Respect my lack of authority.

4. Lounge   -   #14
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Cicero View Post

You wish you were, me.
    Fix'd.
    If you make your comma too large, it becomes a slash. Walk that line, manker.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    I'm the most intelligent member at this forum.

Self-pwnage ftw.
    Now go away.

6. Lounge   -   #16
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post

Except they don't
    I fool women into thinking the same thing about my sexual capabilities. Sooner or later though they come to the realization though that appearances aside this is as good as it's ever going to get.
    Anyway no hard feeling about you looking down on my grammatical abilities as if we are speaking truthfully here,I look down on you in pretty much every other way.

Btw I realize I'm assuming a lot here but overall I find assumption is far less time intensive and taking the time to actually learn something.
    Maybe I assumed too much, too
    That was definitely the most complimentary post I've ever written about you. Its pinnacle is unlikely to ever be surpassed.

Grammar is pips for the most part and yours is most likely on a par with mine, I wasn't denigrating that. I take issue with your lackadaisical application thereof.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

7. Lounge   -   #17
    manker's Avatar effendi

I didn't miss it. I thought it was brilliant. I just wanted to drown it in a sea of comma-induced abominations.

Lately I've had trouble finding a well written book. Bukowski books have flown to the top of my "Read soon" list. Hoping he's worth the jump.
    I'm intrigued by him but as yet still staying away from his work in favour of robot stuff - did you know he's also a poet. It's enough to put you off your pint.

It seems he's flavour of the month all of a sudden. I was only moderately aware of him this time last month but since Squeams noticed chavois posting about him in movieworld and tried to impress him by subsequently mentioning him in the lounge, the chap's completely ubiquitous.
    I hear she even bought his entire back catalogue in some car-boot sale, just to entice yon Irish love-hunk into sending her cawk pics.

The world's run mad.

8. Lounge   -   #18
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    Fix'd.

ihy ):

9. Lounge   -   #19
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post

ihy ):
    Don't feel too bad, I missed my cue to say, "walk that slanted line, manker"
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

10. Lounge   -   #20
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Maybe I assumed too much, too
    That was definitely the most complimentary post I've ever written about you. Its pinnacle is unlikely to ever be surpassed.
    What if I said something nice about your shoes?
    Respect my lack of authority.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast