Thread: Windows 95 To 98

Poster
    --
    Last edited by Zack; 11-25-2007 at 07:40 PM.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    i didnt think you could get windows 98 on floppy!

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Do you have the Win98 CD? Do you have another PC? You could install though an network connection.

But my question would be... Why don't you have a CD rom drive? Is it too old or is it an old laptop? Does it even meet the minimum requirements for Windows 98?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    Both good answers only way is to cross all files to the hard drive so you need SPACE plus a compression program like Winrar on the upgrade machine because the cabs are too big for a floppy they will have to be split .

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Another way, if I might suggest, if you have another pc, then you can take the hard drive out from this one and make it slave on the other one and install it.
    Later on you have to install all the drivers in the upgraded hdd once you put it back in your machine.
    This is only if you have a desktop...otherwise for laptop as Virtualbody123 suggested best way would be through a network (if you have a network jack)
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>