Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: Hoi Artemis...

Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    This is my first class in the program and I have to admit feeling just a bit "advantaged" going in- thinking I would be the only one in the class with a Master's under my belt. Nope. Not only that, but most of them have a specific background (English majors of various types) in writing while I have spent my years in business, and some philosophy (which has helped thus far), with my MA being in Communications.

I think there is some reward being the underdog, of sorts, and there is A LOT to learn from those other students, but I've certainly got an abundance of work ahead of me. While I've never had trouble being verbose (shut up, chalice), the emphasis on this first class History of Rhetoric has been short pieces that say volumes. Interestingly enough, the prof. has been handing out his published works- not out of vanity, but simply because he has been published on each of these topics. Again, another BIG surprise since both schools I have attended (after the two-year stuff) have been private, cozy little schools- now I'm in a state school.

My next class will be Instructions and Procedures which, honestly, sounds about as interesting as watching paint dry. However, the professor is the head of the department which is nearly always a good thing from my experiences. I also have a feeling that the cream-of-the-crop tend to pick graduate students over incoming freshman. Every indication tells me this is going to be a great program.

I still have not ruled out someday being Dr. Megabyteme.
    Call me stupid but Why not go to England to study English?

It's like going to India to study Portuguese.

You might learn more better English here.
    Last edited by Alien5; 02-27-2012 at 07:51 AM.

2. Lounge   -   #52
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Darthy
    Hope my Shakespearean Julius Caesar reference isn't wasted on you.
    It was until I read this, and then being dimly aware of the quote, I realised that, gulp, you were being self-deprecating.

It really was quite clever how you tied that in there with the earlier 'disdain for close interpersonal relations'.
    I liked it.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

3. Lounge   -   #53
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Darthy
    Hope my Shakespearean Julius Caesar reference isn't wasted on you.
    It was until I read this, and then being dimly aware of the quote, I realised that, gulp, you were being self-deprecating.

It really was quite clever how you tied that in there with the earlier 'disdain for close interpersonal relations'.
    I liked it.
    I missed it. It has been years since I took Eng. Lit. I took the "disdain..." part as a reference to Darth's previously mentioned aversion to video conferencing/pics, etc.

On a related side note, we did briefly discuss Cicero. I do find that to be a more appropriate name than either of the last two.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

4. Lounge   -   #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Alien5 View Post
    Call me stupid but Why not go to England to study English?

It's like going to India to study Portuguese.

You might learn more better English here.
    /MBM resists nearly uncontrollable urge to call Allen stupid...

To answer the question, I prefer to be tested by individuals who don't really know if I am right, or not.

Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

5. Lounge   -   #55
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Your sig is way too big. Where's the lounge moderator

6. Lounge   -   #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa View Post
    Your sig is way too big. Where's the lounge moderator
    That guise a boozer and a womanizer. Beyond that, he's lacking in qualities.
    Last edited by megabyteme; 02-27-2012 at 02:51 PM.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456