Thread: Scientific journal sources.

Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    So currently I use Avaxhome to get my scientific journal fix, but recently (much to my dismay), a specific release took an entire 6 days to be uploaded. 6 days is a long time in the scientific world, considering 1 day later the newer issue of Science came out, and I was left with double the work to read in the current week.

Anyone know of better sources?

Yes, I know I can setup a VPN in my University. Yes, I know I can go to my public library. No, I won't do either of those, and I won't shell out $300 a year for something I should have access to as part of my daily routine.
    Ellipses go here.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Can't help you, I use SciFinder in correlation with my university, it's free.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    Can't help you, I use SciFinder in correlation with my university, it's free.
    I use Scopus happily when I'm on campus, but I don't want to go through the hassle of setting up access to my University subscription from home, especially since I don't want to struggle to keep up with material should I want to pursue my absolutely serious lifelong dream of fishing for two years non-stop.
    Ellipses go here.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Cicero View Post
    I use Scopus happily when I'm on campus, but I don't want to go through the hassle of setting up access to my University subscription from home, especially since I don't want to struggle to keep up with material should I want to pursue my absolutely serious lifelong dream of fishing for two years non-stop.
    By that do you mean VPN access? Mine is really click click, couldn't be easier.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Cicero View Post
    should I want to pursue my absolutely serious lifelong dream of fishing for two years non-stop.
    It will never work. I've heard they don't bite at night.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.