Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Hoi Squeamous.

manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by teflon05 View Post
    You can set the length of time a ban lasts. Days, weeks, etc.
    Ahh cheers.
    I worked it out in the end. I was just being lazy - it's to do with the infraction points.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

2. Lounge   -   #102
    Burnsy's Avatar TorrentSeed.org RIP BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    If I were you, at this point I'd say screw the moderation & give him a 7 day time out, at the very least. Maybe it would give him time to get his head on strait. I doubt it, but strange things do happen
    Does VB software have some kind of internets naughty step?

That would seem to be the most appropriate at this juncture.
    Dunno about more recent versions... but you used to be able to moderate a member from their profile... just select to ban them, fuck the length, just make it permanent... there are other mods that may have been installed that can just make it difficult to access and use the forums, there's also a mod for making the member 'invisible' to everyone (so the idiot thinks they're being ignored)... and fingers crossed the board also comes with the security cookies that instantly shown up when a member makes a dup account (although I'm guessing J-Dye ensured that was installed a long time ago)
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    I'd comment further but it would obviously be like trying to reason with a dung beetle.

3. Lounge   -   #103
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Burnsy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    Does VB software have some kind of internets naughty step?

That would seem to be the most appropriate at this juncture.
    Dunno about more recent versions... but you used to be able to moderate a member from their profile... just select to ban them, fuck the length, just make it permanent... there are other mods that may have been installed that can just make it difficult to access and use the forums, there's also a mod for making the member 'invisible' to everyone (so the idiot thinks they're being ignored)... and fingers crossed the board also comes with the security cookies that instantly shown up when a member makes a dup account (although I'm guessing J-Dye ensured that was installed a long time ago)
    Thank you.
    That invisi thing would be fantastic.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

4. Lounge   -   #104
    teflon05's Avatar Pessimistic Optimist BT Rep: +2
    heh heh...Yeah, I had forgot about that "invisible" mod. We used to have some laughs with that one on a board i used to staff at.
    No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power. — P.J. O'Rourke

Sin lies only in hurting others unnecessarily. All other "sins" are invented nonsense. — Robert A. Heinlein (1907-1988)

5. Lounge   -   #105
    heh heh...Yeah, I had forgot about that "invisible" mod. We used to have some laughs with that one on a board i used to staff at.
    vB and IPB forums came with some brilliant mods for managing troublesome users
    I'd comment further but it would obviously be like trying to reason with a dung beetle.

6. Lounge   -   #106
    manker's Avatar effendi
    It might be that Dave's half-day tirade got a few people posting here that wouldn't have normally.
    And if there is one thing the lounge needs, it's more people posting stuff.

Every cloud

7. Lounge   -   #107
    Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    there's also a mod for making the member 'invisible' to everyone (so the idiot thinks they're being ignored)...
    The immense amounts of fun to be had with this are incredible!

When I used to moderate VB forums, people would get so aggravated at the synchronized ignore, that they'd literally turn paranoid. They'd take trolling to extremes. I remember once, after finally unhiding the member, I had to remove 2-3 DOX's to make sure that while people got the laughs at the stories untold at the time of, they wouldn't actually get worked up over it.
    Ellipses go here.

8. Lounge   -   #108
    teflon05's Avatar Pessimistic Optimist BT Rep: +2
    I have to admit, I usually do more reading than posting, & his tirades did provoke me into a few responses. That guy needs some serious counseling. Or psychiatric help. Pure obsessive, from what I've seen. Or maybe a Master Troll.
    No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power. — P.J. O'Rourke

Sin lies only in hurting others unnecessarily. All other "sins" are invented nonsense. — Robert A. Heinlein (1907-1988)

9. Lounge   -   #109
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Cicero View Post
    there's also a mod for making the member 'invisible' to everyone (so the idiot thinks they're being ignored)...
    The immense amounts of fun to be had with this are incredible!

When I used to moderate VB forums, people would get so aggravated at the synchronized ignore, that they'd literally turn paranoid. They'd take trolling to extremes. I remember once, after finally unhiding the member, I had to remove 2-3 DOX's to make sure that while people got the laughs at the stories untold at the time of, they wouldn't actually get worked up over it.
    Yeah, there was some fun to be had, but only at the expense of those who deserved it...

10. Lounge   -   #110
    I have to admit, I usually do more reading than posting, & his tirades did provoke me into a few responses. That guy needs some serious counseling. Or psychiatric help. Pure obsessive, from what I've seen. Or maybe a Master Troll.
    I'm going more for the Master Troll, who just happens to quite possibly have some deep seated issues too.

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast