Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: An Article On Problems Wrought By The

BANNED
    Originally posted by Abe@17 November 2003 - 08:36
    Can't even eat want you want anymore without someone hovering over you blabing scientific thoeries. If I take a P%ss wrong I damage some part of the world lol
    Oh good, another intelligent lounge lizard!

2. Lounge   -   #32
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by TheDave+16 November 2003 - 22:38--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TheDave @ 16 November 2003 - 22:38)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Abe@16 November 2003 - 22:36
    Can&#39;t even eat want you want anymore without someone hovering over you blabing scientific thoeries. &nbsp; If I take a P%ss wrong I damage some part of the world lol
    yeah, the rug [/b][/quote]
    ROFL (though careful to miss the wet patch)

3. Lounge   -   #33
    Poster
    Come on now Billy, the chap is just new and may not be a native English speaker.

Give him / her a chance here, without just going for the throat.

4. Lounge   -   #34
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol+16 November 2003 - 22:31--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (J&#39;Pol @ 16 November 2003 - 22:31)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> That&#39;s what the lounge is for Billy, or didn&#39;t you know that. [/b]

Originally posted by lounge description+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (lounge description)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>You may talk about anything here.[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-forum rules
    @
    3. Spam is not permitted in any form[/quote]

This gentleman was trying to start a serious topic about a subject about which he is concerned. If you have no interest in what is being said then why perpetuate the thread by spamming it? If you do not think that you will enjoy participating in it, then don&#39;t, allow it to fall off the bottom of the screen.

The subject title of this thread clearly stated to what the post is refering, so you didnt even have to come into it.

Are the spammers here so absent minded that they are not able to allow a conversation to exist without their involvement? If you were in the pub and someone wasn&#39;t talking about what you want to discuss, do you interrupt them and start your own conversation regardless? You may all start any kind of thread that you want, you don&#39;t need to use other peoples threads. You do all know how to use this:

dont you?

Oh, and finally:
    <!--QuoteBegin-Abe

Can&#39;t even eat want you want anymore without someone hovering over you blabing scientific thoeries.&nbsp; If I take a P%ss wrong I damage some part of the world lol[/quote]
    I don&#39;t remember anyone "hovering over you", i would guess that you intentionally came into this thread, and decided to read it and post.
    <insert signature here>

5. Lounge   -   #35
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    To be fair LTJ didn&#39;t really try to start a serious discussion he just cut and pasted something that someone else had to say on the subject. I&#39;m sure that if he had come on and posted his OWN views then maybe he would have been taken more seriously.

6. Lounge   -   #36
    Forum Star
    Originally posted by vivitron 15+16 November 2003 - 22:56--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (vivitron 15 &#064; 16 November 2003 - 22:56)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol+16 November 2003 - 22:31--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (J&#39;Pol &#064; 16 November 2003 - 22:31)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> That&#39;s what the lounge is for Billy, or didn&#39;t you know that. [/b]

Originally posted by lounge description
    You may talk about anything here.
    <!--QuoteBegin-forum rules
    @
    3. Spam is not permitted in any form

This gentleman was trying to start a serious topic about a subject about which he is concerned. If you have no interest in what is being said then why perpetuate the thread by spamming it? If you do not think that you will enjoy participating in it, then don&#39;t, allow it to fall off the bottom of the screen.

The subject title of this thread clearly stated to what the post is refering, so you didnt even have to come into it.

Are the spammers here so absent minded that they are not able to allow a conversation to exist without their involvement? If you were in the pub and someone wasn&#39;t talking about what you want to discuss, do you interrupt them and start your own conversation regardless? You may all start any kind of thread that you want, you don&#39;t need to use other peoples threads. You do all know how to use this:

dont you?

Oh, and finally:
    <!--QuoteBegin-Abe

Can&#39;t even eat want you want anymore without someone hovering over you blabing scientific thoeries. If I take a P%ss wrong I damage some part of the world lol[/quote]
    I don&#39;t remember anyone "hovering over you", i would guess that you intentionally came into this thread, and decided to read it and post.[/b][/quote]

15" my arse

7. Lounge   -   #37
    Poster
    well DANM.

EDIT:better?

Now go back to your serious conversation about the worlds destruction.
    "You can't build a reputation on what you're going to do."
    -Henry Ford

8. Lounge   -   #38
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    how do you get a 15" arse?

9. Lounge   -   #39
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Withcheese@16 November 2003 - 23:02
    To be fair LTJ didn&#39;t really try to start a serious discussion he just cut and pasted something that someone else had to say on the subject. I&#39;m sure that if he had come on and posted his OWN views then maybe he would have been taken more seriously.
    There is a psychological theory that no knowledge can be created by man, and that every aspect of our thoughts merely adds to that which we have already been told.

Regardless of his intentions, there remains no reason to justify the spam which was posted here. If indeed the reason for posting this article was (as i can only assume) that he wanted a discussion about it to follow, then that chance has now been lost. I would love for someone to justify the need for spamming this topic; i will pose the question to you all Why not start your own topics?

and pol, that is exactly the mindless behaviour to which i am refering. Thank you dearly for proving my point.
    <insert signature here>

10. Lounge   -   #40
    Poster
    Vivitron

He cut and pasted a diatribe and didn&#39;t even go to the bother of expressing an opinion. So why would I take that seriously.

My first post suggested that he may wish to let us know what he thought, rather than take the role of a cyber photocopier.

Threads are hi-jacked in the lounge constantly. It is the way it works here.

I am frankly at a loss to understand why you have chosen this one to take the moral high ground.

Oh and thanks for the advice on where I should and shouldn&#39;t post. However if you have a problem with where and what I am posting, tough. If you think it inappropriate you know where the teachers lounge is.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast