Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rm Files

Poster
    is there a program to convert .rm or .ram files to avi or mpg or nething else? or to save it to hard drive

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    rm Converter

Also,
    Saving Streaming Video.
    (Only if you care - It is illegal in US to use this due to a lawsuit with RealMedia. )
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    neither worked, rmconverter said my .ram or .rm filess wasn&#39;t a "real video" file

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Well you have to have the "*.rm or *.ram" file saved on your hard drive and then try converting. I guess you must have done that.

How about the second one? does it record the streaming video?

That is what i remember from before.

If that doesnt work, try searching on google for "saving rm files" or "convert rm to mpeg."
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    I use EO Video.
    You&#39;ll be able to convert to avi or mpg, even vcd mpeg.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    uNz[i]'s Avatar Out of order
    TINRA converts .rm to .avi

(This Is Not Real Anymore)

edit: typo

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    does the file need to be saved for tinra or eo video, coz i tried them but they didn&#39;t work

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    [i]Originally posted by uNz@17 November 2003 - 00:03
    TINRA converts .rm to .avi

(This Is Not Real Anymore)

edit: typo
    Tinra rocks. But youll need the tinra gui and the stabalizer file if you dont want to run it from the command line.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    For EO Video version 1.2--

(wish I knew how to post screenshots in this forum, would make things easier and clearer)

Open EO and you&#39;ll notice on the right hand panel there&#39;s a gray area. Drag the rm file there.

On the bottom of EO window, you&#39;ll notice tabs. Click the one that says "Converter".

You&#39;ll notice once you&#39;re in the Converter window there&#39;s an "Output format" drop down with which you can choose mpeg or avi.

In the "Compression" drop-down, you can choose for example between mpeg-1 or mpeg(vcd) or svcd.

After you choose whatever format and compression you want, hit the "convert" button on the right side and let it do its work. RM conversions aren&#39;t very fast so you&#39;ll need patience, but then, if you&#39;re using Kazaa or Klite to d/l movies, patience is a learned virtue.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    "hit the "convert" button on the right side"

Oop,s this should read on the left hand side.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast