Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Peyton Manning has been divorced

I was hoping he would have went to the 49ers or Cardinals, being that I guess I'm an AFC guy and I still view him as very dangerous, I'd rather have him out of the conference. Still, Denver was pretty much the frontrunner all along so you can't really say it's a surprise. Should lead to some very interesting games and matchups this year though.

2. Sports Club   -   #12
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Hines Ward announced is retirement the same day that Manning announced is new team. The Steelers released Ward a bit before free agency started after 14 years of being on the team. He mentioned that he thinks he has a few more years left in him to play, but that he couldn't imagine himself playing for any other team so he decided to hang it up.

I really respect him for this and now I'm thinking Manning should have done the same. 14 years with the Colts, it's going to be so weird to see him in the orange and blue. Maybe he should have called it quits as well and retired as a Colt. It'd be a shame if he ends up ending his career like Favre did...

3. Sports Club   -   #13
    iStatiK's Avatar Poster
    I can't believe the broncos traded Tebow to the Jets and signed Manning. What was Pat Bowlen thinking?

4. Sports Club   -   #14
    The last couple of weeks of football have seen the most drama and craziness ever. Peyton Manning signing with the Broncos, Tim Tebow getting traded to the Jets (ouch for Sanchez!), and of course, Sean Peyton and the Saints getting steamrolled by Gooddell. Man, I love this stuff! If it weren't for the NFL and the media, I swear, people would definitely pay more attention to the economy and go out to the streets to revolt... *sarcasm*

5. Sports Club   -   #15
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by iStatiK View Post
    What was Pat Bowlen thinking?
    I have no idea. He should have kept him and let him be Mannings' backup. The kid already does a fantastic job with running his run game, but now he could have trained with one of the best QB's ever and develop his throwing skills. Now he's under Sanchez. Which I personally think of as a decent QB, but Tebow would have been way better off learning from Manning instead.

Saints got slapped hard. I can't believe they suspended Peyton for the entire 2012 season(Sapp announced today that is Jeremy Shockey that first snitched on the Saints). Without pay. And that dude makes something like 7.5mil a year. That's gotta hurt... Plus Brees still hasn't signed his contract yet? It's going to be interesting to see how the Saints are this season.

This offseason has definitely been pretty exciting so far.

6. Sports Club   -   #16
    Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post
    I really respect him for this and now I'm thinking Manning should have done the same. 14 years with the Colts, it's going to be so weird to see him in the orange and blue. Maybe he should have called it quits as well and retired as a Colt. It'd be a shame if he ends up ending his career like Favre did...
    The problem is in the details. Being a 14 year player with the Colts Manning has no idea what it's like on the outside. He doesn't know that he doesn't know how difficult it is on the other side. Players who get traded and hop regularly know the ins and outs of re-adjustment and know it's never a good idea. He, on the other hand, has to learn that for the first time, some 15 odd years into his career.
    Ellipses go here.

7. Sports Club   -   #17
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by iStatiK View Post
    What was Pat Bowlen thinking?
    I have no idea. He should have kept him and let him be Mannings' backup. The kid already does a fantastic job with running his run game, but now he could have trained with one of the best QB's ever and develop his throwing skills. Now he's under Sanchez. Which I personally think of as a decent QB, but Tebow would have been way better off learning from Manning instead.

Saints got slapped hard. I can't believe they suspended Peyton for the entire 2012 season(Sapp announced today that is Jeremy Shockey that first snitched on the Saints). Without pay. And that dude makes something like 7.5mil a year. That's gotta hurt... Plus Brees still hasn't signed his contract yet? It's going to be interesting to see how the Saints are this season.

This offseason has definitely been pretty exciting so far.
    Football is confusing now that they passed the rule where every other person had to be named Peyton.
    Respect my lack of authority.

8. Sports Club   -   #18
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Walter Payton was a rebel.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12