Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Free Web Hosting

Hello, does nayone know any free places that i can use to host a webpage?? it is simple and does not need a lot of traffic or anyhting. the thing is, is that i dont have a credit card or anything, and some free webhosters require it anyway.
    what are some good free places to host a site??
    and right now i just have the *.htm files on my computer. i typed them using HTML, what is the next step??
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #2
    internet.news
    If you are here in germany, you can go to gmx.de :) they offer free email and 10 mb of homepage space - this service is located near munich and very fast ;)
    When you request 10mb space you only have to sign an agreement and send it
    to gmx by normal mail ;) or fax ;)

If you are far away you can also use http://www.fortunecity.com -
    go to http://internet-news.gmxhome.de - that is my site so you can get
    an impression ;) there is also a link to my bryce 5 gallery on fortunecity ;)

~nice dreams...

you can pm me if you hosted your page ;)

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #3
    Forum Star
    Originally posted by 1asphost.com
    Free Deluxe Features

100 MB of Space
    Instant Account Activation
    Online Control Panel
    Online Unzip Capability
    Unlimited Bandwidth
    SSI (DHTML)
    WAP
    Active Server Pages Support - ASP 3.0
    Free Database Connectivity:
    MS Access databases
    Macromedia Shockwave support
    http://www.1asphost.com

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #4
    Hosted on I/O optimized own 1&1 Linux version
    500 MB web space
    5,000 MB/month traffic ($.99 per GB for additional traffic)
    No limits on simultaneous hits/bandwidth
    Protected by firewall
    Continuous backups of your website
    99.9% Uptime guarantee

Advanced live site statistics, log files, ready-to-run CGI-library, own CGI programming (Perl, Python), FrontPage 2002 extensions
    Advanced Password Protection
    5 FTP accounts
    PHP3 & PHP4
    MySQL
    Proxy SSL Secure Server
    Cron Jobs
    SSH Secure Shell Access
    Advanced Developer Tools

And Its FREE FREE WEBSPACE Very Fast Servers

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #5
    internet.news
    Cryo, you are right there are so many web services that are free and so many
    very cheap services... which are also good...

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #6
    okay thanks guys, ill try some of those
    but what do i have to do? i tried www.dot.tk which is a site that some of my friends have used and it offers your own domain name. however when i go into it it says

Your current website or homepage
    In order to send all your visitors to the right spot, we need to know the exact location where your current existing website or homepage resides.

but all i have is the .htm files on my computer, do i upload them somewhere or how do i make a site??
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

7. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #7
    Well sign up on a new host. Choose from the one's suggested above. Upload all your files including any pictures,.htm etc.
    You will get an address from this host, copy that and paste it on the dot.tk registration forum.

Dot.tk is a forwarding url service. Your site.tk will forward to where you hosted your files.
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

8. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #8
    Thanks &#33;.am, I just finished doing that, now it says my domainname is active and everything, but thwen i try to go to my new site it doesnt work, do i have to wait 24 hours or something?

9. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #9
    Did you upload your main page yet? It needs to be titled "index.htm" or whatever format your page is in. Sometimes it takes a while to activate the domain and everything to get set up. Just wait a little while.

10. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #10
    Okay, thanks Scotch Guy&#33;
    about time someone replied lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast