Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best graphic card

Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    I'm getting sick of newegg referrals as a response for what is the best graphics card.

First of all I don't live in the continental united states

second of all....

and this the really really important bit here....

neither do the 5.4 billion inhabitants of the planet unable to take advantage of the weekly deals, special shippings rates with in the continental united states and other associated deals.
    Last edited by Artemis; 05-01-2012 at 03:40 AM.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    I'm going to go all devil's advocate and simultaneously explain why I post Newegg links myself

First it has all the pertinent info like model and specs and pictures.
    Second, it has reviews, they're plentiful and I tend to find them more helpful than anywhere else in gauging user feedback for the product.
    Three, and this is most important, I have absolutely no idea where anyone else buys their electronics. So if I went for a more universal site, I'd pick like Amazon, right? Here's a link to the Amazon page for the same graphics card your berated victim recommended:
    http://www.amazon.com/Gigabyte-Radeo...9&sr=8-1-fkmr1
    4 reviews, limited pictures and details? What else would you have one do?
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    I'm going to go all devil's advocate and simultaneously explain why I post Newegg links myself

First it has all the pertinent info like model and specs and pictures.
    Second, it has reviews, they're plentiful and I tend to find them more helpful than anywhere else in gauging user feedback for the product.
    Three, and this is most important, I have absolutely no idea where anyone else buys their electronics. So if I went for a more universal site, I'd pick like Amazon, right? Here's a link to the Amazon page for the same graphics card your berated victim recommended:
    http://www.amazon.com/Gigabyte-Radeo...9&sr=8-1-fkmr1
    4 reviews, limited pictures and details? What else would you have one do?
    Then you wont mind if I post links to PBTech items, they are one of our largest suppliers, it is where I bought all the gear for the build I am about to do, and there are links to the suppliers website as well as user reviews ?

Since it is an NZ company you will have to convert the currency like I do whenever anyone posts a newegg link but that shouldn't be a problem.

For me personally, call me silly, but when I see a product on a suppliers website I will usually check the manufacturers website for the actual specification details, and I use sites like Anandtech for hardware reviews, they have been around along time, know their stuff, arent fluffy, and tend to be quite hard hitting. They call a spade a shovel.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    Then you wont mind if I post links to PBTech items, they are one of our largest suppliers, it is where I bought all the gear for the build I am about to do, and there are links to the suppliers website as well as user reviews ?

Since it is an NZ company you will have to convert the currency like I do whenever anyone posts a newegg link but that shouldn't be a problem.

For me personally, call me silly, but when I see a product on a suppliers website I will usually check the manufacturers website for the actual specification details, and I use sites like Anandtech for hardware reviews, they have been around along time, know their stuff, arent fluffy, and tend to be quite hard hitting. They call a spade a shovel.
    I wouldn't mind one iddly biddly bit. If I was interested in the recommendation, I would just pull up the listing from one of my favorite vendors anyway. I'll read an anandtech review, but just before I buy I'll check out user reviews to make sure I don't run into some headaches with the buy (something I should have done with that remote I bought, then I would have known that 40 % of them would fail). That reminds me, I should update my htpc wireless mini-keyboard & touchpad thread, I bought a new one and am loving it.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12