Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Internet Threats....

Originally posted by SensualGardening+17 November 2003 - 00:24--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SensualGardening @ 17 November 2003 - 00:24)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by ScotchGuy@17 November 2003 - 10:21
    <!--QuoteBegin-SensualGardening
    @17 November 2003 - 00:19
    Violence sucks.

Allways.

FALSE.
    Your loss.

Yogi [/b][/quote]
    It was a joke, I&#39;m using extreme sarcasm. Notice my previous replies. I think completely denying something with no information to back it up is humorous.

But there will never be a time without violence, so you might as well embrace it. Then while embracing it, kick someone in the teeth.

2. Lounge   -   #42
    Yogi's Avatar Super Undulator
    Originally posted by ScotchGuy+17 November 2003 - 10:28--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ScotchGuy @ 17 November 2003 - 10:28)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by SensualGardening@17 November 2003 - 00:24
    Originally posted by ScotchGuy@17 November 2003 - 10:21
    <!--QuoteBegin-SensualGardening
    @17 November 2003 - 00:19
    Violence sucks.

Allways.

FALSE.

Your loss.

Yogi
    It was a joke, I&#39;m using extreme sarcasm. Notice my previous replies. I think completely denying something with no information to back it up is humorous.

But there will never be a time without violence, so you might as well embrace it. Then while embracing it, kick someone in the teeth. [/b][/quote]
    It was a joke, I&#39;m using extreme sarcasm.
    I know.
    Just won&#39;t take that road with you on this one&#33;&#33;

Only motivation from that.........

Some people actually believe things you write here.....

Big Hug For YOu&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

WorldPeace

NotGoingToGiveUpOnPeople-Yogi

3. Lounge   -   #43
    Originally posted by SensualGardening+17 November 2003 - 10:27--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SensualGardening &#064; 17 November 2003 - 10:27)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-SensualGardening@17 November 2003 - 10:19
    Ann&#39;s Safer America

Communities Against Violence Network

Partnerships Against Violence Network

Minnesote Center Against Violence and Abuse

Community Against Violence

Mothers Against Violence in America

Canadians Against Violence

Legal Communities Against Violence

Will keep adding links.

Violence sucks.

Allways.

PacifistYogi

Love Rules&#33;&#33;&#33;
    Any thread in wich people will promote violence as a solution is pityfull.

YouCan&#39;tConvinceMeOfViolence-Yogi [/b][/quote]
    Women Against Violence Europe

Adults and Children Together—Against Violence

Raise Children Wisely(Note=.PDF)

4. Lounge   -   #44
    Originally posted by SensualGardening@17 November 2003 - 00:42
    Some people actually believe things you write here.....
    Uh oh, I wasn&#39;t aware people took things that I said seriously. Meh, oh well.

5. Lounge   -   #45
    muchspl2
    Originally posted by SensualGardening@17 November 2003 - 09:42

WorldPeace

6. Lounge   -   #46
    Originally posted by muchspl2+17 November 2003 - 10:59--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (muchspl2 @ 17 November 2003 - 10:59)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-SensualGardening@17 November 2003 - 09:42

WorldPeace

[/b][/quote]
    I love that smiley&#33;&#33;&#33;

But why is the blue one looking so scared???

Yogi

7. Lounge   -   #47
    UKMan's Avatar Poster
    @SensualGardening
    Stick to your principles my friend. I agree with them, however i do have a comment.

Sometimes you just cant turn your back on violence. Its here and very much a part of everyday life - unfortunately - and most kids these days seem to accept it as a normal way of life. Demonstrating against it or trying to ignore it sometimes helps, but not allways. It wont go away and one day maybe someone is faced with the fact of either defending themselves or being either killed or seriously injured, just because the idiot your facing wont listen to reason.

In my post before, i mentioned that violence in my experience isnt the first answer, which i stick by. But if talking or reasoning dosnt work and obviously this guy cant just turn his back because his enemy is at the same school, then what are his alternatives? ITS NOT WRONG to defend yourself - let me make my views on that known - and i hope they come to an amicable solution. I just hope he dosnt get himself in the same predicament again and has learned something by this experience. After all, he did provoke a reaction - however innocent it was supposed to be - and now has to sort it out.

Peace
    UKWithLotsOfYearsOfExperienceOfThisSortMan

8. Lounge   -   #48
    Originally posted by UKMan@17 November 2003 - 11:26
    @SensualGardening
    Stick to your principles my friend. I agree with them, however i do have a comment.

Sometimes you just cant turn your back on violence. Its here and very much a part of everyday life - unfortunately - and most kids these days seem to accept it as a normal way of life. Demonstrating against it or trying to ignore it sometimes helps, but not allways. It wont go away and one day maybe someone is faced with the fact of either defending themselves or being either killed or seriously injured, just because the idiot your facing wont listen to reason.

In my post before, i mentioned that violence in my experience isnt the first answer, which i stick by. But if talking or reasoning dosnt work and obviously this guy cant just turn his back because his enemy is at the same school, then what are his alternatives? ITS NOT WRONG to defend yourself - let me make my views on that known - and i hope they come to an amicable solution. I just hope he dosnt get himself in the same predicament again and has learned something by this experience. After all, he did provoke a reaction - however innocent it was supposed to be - and now has to sort it out.

Peace
    UKWithLotsOfYearsOfExperienceOfThisSortMan
    I hear you.
    And, as usual, agree with you to a certain point.

I&#39;m not against defending yourself.

In the past as orderly in pychiatric hospitals i sometimes too had to fall back to

defensive violence, mostly to protect people against themselfes(& other patients).

In allmost any other threatening situation i resort to:

Running.

I am proud to say i never used violence in any other situation, though i had to

suffer some black eyes for not fighting back.

I remember one time as a kid i came home with a black eye.

My father asked if i did fight.

I told him someone hit me, because i commented on a racist remark, but didn&#39;t

want to hit back.

My father was sooo proud&#33;&#33;

Violence becomes violence......etc.

I know i&#39;m rowing my boat upstream, but what&#39;s new??

Keeps me in shape.

"Teach your children well......"

You know, there&#39;s a lot of kids outhere........

NeverGiveUpOnPeople-Yogi

Demonstrating against violence helps.
    Ignoring doesn&#39;t.

9. Lounge   -   #49
    AussieSheila's Avatar Dazed & Confused
    Hey guys, how&#39;s it going? Do you have kids Yogi?

I think it&#39;s entirely up to parents, and too many of them don&#39;t seem to be &#39;bothered&#39; to teach their children decent principles. i.e. Violence never really solved anything. You might bully somebody into agreeing with you, but what&#39;s the point in that? You won&#39;t have thier respect and I&#39;d much rather have that. I try to teach my kids to find other ways to solve problems, but it does seem to come naturally to boys to lash out with their fists. I have great faith that my message will eventually sink in.

^_^

10. Lounge   -   #50
    Originally posted by AussieSheila@17 November 2003 - 12:26
    Hey guys, how&#39;s it going? Do you have kids Yogi?

I think it&#39;s entirely up to parents, and too many of them don&#39;t seem to be &#39;bothered&#39; to teach their children decent principles. i.e. Violence never really solved anything. You might bully somebody into agreeing with you, but what&#39;s the point in that? You won&#39;t have thier respect and I&#39;d much rather have that. I try to teach my kids to find other ways to solve problems, but it does seem to come naturally to boys to lash out with their fists. I have great faith that my message will eventually sink in.

^_^
    Nothing to add there.

Yes, i have kids. Adopted.

Yogi

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast