Thread: Sharing A Printer?

i was wondering if its possible for me to share a printer w/ 2 computer. the printer is in my room along w/ my comp. and i was wondering if its possible for me to hook it up to the comp in my moms room wirelessly. like in a network. how would i go about doing this. or is it not possible.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    bumpidy bump bump

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    you would need to get a router and hook both of the computers up to it, then you go to add printer wizard on your moms computer and it will be listed under your computer. you could not do it wirelessly unless you have a wireless router.
    AOL 9.0 Now with top speed sarcasm that is 5x funnier than normal
    dial up sarcasm complete with AOL instant stalker.

AOL 9.0 with top speed and AOL instant stalker...more expensive than saffron but worth it!

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Are you networked already? Do you share a internet connection? If so, I would imagine that it would be relatively simple to share a printer (but I don't even have a printer so I could be very wrong).
    My Mom and Dad are set up on a "Home Network" to share their internet and I know that they share their printer.
    If they can figure it out, so can you.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    i have not network the 2 comp yet. so in oreder to do it wirelessly i need

1 wireless router
    2 wirelss nic card

and what else?

so if this is right i would buy those stuff, install the nic card into the 2 comp. the connect the router, and it should work right?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster