Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking For Windows Me!

Hi i been searching for windows me full install for the last two weeks. I am currently running windows xp pro.

I first started off with windows me and then switched to windows xp and windows xp run way to slow on my computer.. So if anyone could point me out where to download a copy, I would really apreciate it.

I would go buy it but i have to system restore cds and everything just not the full install cd.. So basically i am shit out of luck..

Thanks for the help..

ps. If i posted this on the wrong spot.. Sorry bought that..

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    djprice
    hi i have the windows me full install cd, but i dunno how i could give it 2 u or how u would upload it from me on kazaa.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    you could make an ISO of the cd and put it on Kazaa for him to download...but it's probably a better idea for him to just stick with XP. It is probably slowing you comp down because you don't have enough ram, I suggest at least 256MB of ram for XP, preferably 512. XP is just so much better anyway...if you have to downgrade go with 98, ME sucks.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    RPerry's Avatar Synergy BT Rep: Bad Rep
    Originally posted by TheLabel@9 February 2003 - 22:38
    you could make an ISO of the cd and put it on Kazaa for him to download...but it's probably a better idea for him to just stick with XP.  It is probably slowing you comp down because you don't have enough ram, I suggest at least 256MB of ram for XP, preferably 512.  XP is just so much better anyway...if you have to downgrade go with 98, ME sucks.
    agree on the fact ME sucks. Upgrading your Ram is best option

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    Funny, when I went from ME to Xp the computer I was on got faster. I think your best bet is to get win98 se. It provides the best performance on slower computers.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    SHIFTY's Avatar Poster
    i ran win ME for about 1 year and had to format atleast once a month it is a problem
    in itself. microsoft themselves are ashamed of it. they want nothing to do with it.
    notice how it is rarely mentioned. it is the worst operating system that
    exists. i recommend using windows 2000 Professional or Windows XP Professional
    they are the only places Microsoft has ever taken a right turn. even though XP
    has a lot of problems i still prefer it over 98 and ME. so i do not recommend it as i did have a
    copy but burnt it out of complete DISPISE for the Compact disc of JUNK

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Leech_Killer's Avatar Poster
    Get an addon tool called Tweak UI it'll give you access to some of the hidden settings and should help to sort out your speed problem and add more ram.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Why in the fuck would you want a shitty OS like that anyway. It came with my comp and I hated that shit so I now use a copy of Windows 2000 Professional and It has been my favorite for a long time now. Windows XP is too user friendly for me. In windows XP it's like you click on the start button and a box pops up asking you if would like to open the start menu (Exagerating). I think XP is just windows 2000 with more color and GUI.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    djprice. Would you mind making an iso of the full insall.. I really apreciate it.. Um if you dont know how i could help you out.. You can contact me on

MSN - [email protected]

For all you windows ME haters.. I guess i am the only one that likes Windows ME .. It was ran fine on my computer, 1.2Ghz, 128 md ram, 60 gb hard drive, 32mb Nvidea TNT2 Viedo Card... I know i need more ram and a new video card..

Dont get my wrong i like windows xp myh brother has 512 ram and xp run AMAZING on it..

So djprice contact me on MSN when you have time i am normally on all day when i am not at school. I am guessing its like 400+ mb.. So it wont take to long to download..

Peace Thanks for your help!

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Poster
    hockey, if those system specs u gave us are true i think that xp should run just fine, and if not then go to win2000 prof. trust me man ME suks.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast