Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Shit I Messed Up My Com Big Time

I don't know what mother board i have but it's probably a really old one, but one thing. How is it that I get the same error on my mother's computer? Her cmos battery is good and her computer is newer then mine.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #92
    Umm can I get step by step instructions, since I'm not a hardware person, and I'm pretty bad with computers since I'm only fourteen...

this link has the error screen shown...

Error

3. Software & Hardware   -   #93
    Ok, I looked at those pictures. Did you change any of those settings like your clock since the problem started?

And did you find a detect drives section of your CMOS?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #94
    The problem started yesterday and I changed some stuff but i was careful to change them back each time after I messed with it.

Umm do you mean the auto detect drive part?

Well my clock's been dead for two years... it just doesn't run when my computer is shut...

5. Software & Hardware   -   #95
    Ok see the first screen of your CMOS? the one with the drive Primary Master?
    Try to make it show 'Auto' Where it says 'User' now.

Save the changes when you exit the CMOS. (don't turn off your PC)

6. Software & Hardware   -   #96
    umm okay... i took some more pictures... but i will try the AUTO thing

it auto detected a hard drive but I get the same error... i have a picture of it.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #97
    I got to see those newer pictures now. Yes, those are the pages that are used to setup and detect your harddrive.
    Size, Number of cylinders, #of heads etc.

If the previous 'Auto' setting doesn't work use this section.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #98
    Well if you can auto detect the drive then leave it like that.
    Now try to bootup with a Strtup diskette. Can you get to a prompt?

I'm just curious if you bootup with a diskette does the diskette drive light come on and does the floppy drive spin?

If you can't boot a floppy... try pluging in another Floppy drive to see if you can boot a diskette.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #99
    it realy woryes me that ur screen shoots show ur hd as being only 106 mb windows cant run on that small a hd but i think wats wrong is that some thing has happened to the boot record of that drive try to start from a floppy and type fdisk /mbr this will restore ur boot record

too get ur comp to start from a floppy go in too bios and find a reffrence too boot device priorty and move ur floppy disk to the top

Be advised that u have probly lost every thing on this HD

if this works and u can see the c:/ drive they come back a say and i walk u thru partisioning ur hd

sry about spelling i fix comps not wright books

10. Software & Hardware   -   #100
    Yes, QuietSilence!, I will get to those steps but as you can see he still has not been able to get his diskette to boot.
    If you look at his pictures they show the boot sequence as A,C so therefore it is already set to be A: first.

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast