Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Shit I Messed Up My Com Big Time

Poster
    You wouldn't happen to mess around with the jumpers for the hard disk, would you? Because, if you changed the jumper for the BIOS to pick-up the HDD as a slave, you will have tons of problems. If you did, make sure you get it back to origional format.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Poster
    BTW, how are you talking to us, if your computer won't boot?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    umm im on my mothers com rite now... i have my own one... but i screwed up mine...

watz a jumper... i wasnt messin around w/ external stuff...

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    nope i didnt mess w/ the jumpers...

i copied all the C:/ >> Windows >> files to C:/ by accident i just made a replica... n den i deleted all the replicaz datz all... n the originalz were still in windows n i didnt even clean out the trash can....

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    When you go into the Bios does it recognise the disks?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    wat do u mean by that.... im sorta confused...

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Poster
    Well a jumper is a piece of plastic that goes on the pins in the back of you hard drive to tell the BIOS to consider it to be a master or slave. If it is set for a slave, then your OS wouldn't be recognized and that can cause a lot of problems.

I suggest you go to google.com and type in the error. Usually this error is when floppy disks are in the A drive.

You can bypass the A drive in BIOS somehow. Follow the instructions from a site for you specific BIOS.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    umm i will try the google search... i was searching for "invalid system disk" disk b4... n all i got were forums of ppl havin teh same problem but they never solved it... ppl just got a new com.... sigh*..... i did not mess w/ the jumper n im sure w/ that

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Poster
    Good luck. I had this problem once too, but it was because I messed with the jumper.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    ummm my com's time has stopped for like 2 yrs... thatz the cmos battery rite? woudl that finnaly affect anything? after so long...

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast