Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Thread: Shit I Messed Up My Com Big Time

Originally posted by computerfreak76@10 February 2003 - 04:06
    either you should find a boot disk that works or reinstall thats your two choices as of now.
    Thats sounds about your only option SOUL814

2. Software & Hardware   -   #42
    RPerry's Avatar Synergy BT Rep: Bad Rep
    I agree with that only if your sure you have tried boooting into safe mode. would suggest rebooting the pc, and holding down the CTRL key.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #43
    Poster
    you may need to go ahead and reinstall windows, cause if you cant boot from the boot disk your pretty much shit out of luck.
    Don't reinstall windows. Like the above, boot into safe and restore what you deleted back again.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #44
    imported_computerfreak76
    rp that won't work he is getting the invalid error because the boot files are screwed and when that happens it won't let you into safe mode.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #45
    Poster
    Perhaps he can boot with minimal amout of drivers? That may allow him into Windows to restore the file. And why would someone make files move like that? I have done some bad things too, so I shouldn't talk. But why move windows files to the root of C?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #46
    Originally posted by mobboss01@9 February 2003 - 23:16
    Perhaps he can boot with minimal amout of drivers? That may allow him into Windows to restore the file. And why would someone make files move like that? I have done some bad things too, so I shouldn't talk. But why move windows files to the root of C?
    Why ask why???

7. Software & Hardware   -   #47
    imported_computerfreak76
    if it was anything else other than the windows files id think of something else to say. but ive had the same exact problem he is having and i didn't have a boot disk so i ended up reinstalling.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #48
    Poster
    it's possible that you may have deleted system files when you del. the copies.
    the systen files needed to boot must remain in c:\ directy.you need to boot using a rescue disk in a drive.
    then you can reinstall windows. it's possible you may not loose all.the setup screen you see is in the bios.
    make shure your setup screen sees your hard drive or it won't boot eather.
    hope this helps and good luck

9. Software & Hardware   -   #49
    Poster
    Let's just make sure he doesn't reformat. My mom did that once...once.

I am sure there is a way to boot into safe somehow, then he can restore the files from the recycle bin. If not then he should to a restore from the Restore Disk. You know the purple or greenish CD that came with the OS.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #50
    I think most of us have done something like this. Me, I only had a 6.5 gig HD and began deleting files to make room.( second hand pc)
    anyway, a friend from work who just happened to be the IT Tech gave me a copy of Win98SE to copy. I always got a missing file error: Arkdoshk.vxk.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast