Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Shit I Messed Up My Com Big Time

Maybe, just maybe, it would be easier for me to read your posts if you would use complete english words.

Try this: Disconnect all the drives (hard drives, CDroms etc.)..

Leave only the floppy drive plugged in.

Boot up your computer with the startup diskette and tell me what it does.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #82
    okay sorry about that...umm I'm going to try that right now...

start up disk or boot up disk?

or both?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #83
    LOL its been fun reading this thread but guys here is what the problem is
    he has got a dead cmos battery and no matter what he dose in the bios its not gona take till he puts in a new one the reaison that he keeps getting the boot disk erior is that his bios dose not know what kinda hd he has or where it is and its checking for the boot disk at c: before i looks too a:

go bye a new battry there cheap

4. Software & Hardware   -   #84
    are you sure now? even tho i've had this computer for a while, i think that the battery's always been dead since my clock has stopped one or two years ago.

another thing when i removed my hard drive and switched it with my mothers. On my mother's computer w/ my hard drive in it, it showed the same problem. On my computer with my mother's hard drive, nothing loaded, the monitor was on but all i got was a blank screen.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #85
    Ron's Avatar Poster
    I had something similar two years ago.
    I thought my HD was broken.
    I took it to the shop to have it checked, and there was nothing wrong with it.
    So I took it back home, re-installed it, and it worked fine!
    Have you tried removing the cables from your HD for a few minutes?
    Forgive me if this sounds stupid, but PC's react to the darnest things.

Btw, did you try kicking the case already?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #86
    tried that it didnt work...

okay i took pictures of all my bios w/ my digital camera and the error screen. I'm uploading it right now to a geocities site. i will post the site when i am done uploading..

7. Software & Hardware   -   #87
    www.geocities.com/soulz814

i will upload it in another site since the site will crash really soon after people look at the pictures...

8. Software & Hardware   -   #88
    http://photos.yahoo.com/soulz814

Click On My Photos

if you enlarge the pictures you can see the words

9. Software & Hardware   -   #89
    Originally posted by QuietSilence!@10 February 2003 - 18:47
    LOL its been fun reading this thread but guys here is what the problem is
    he has got a dead cmos battery and no matter what he dose in the bios its not gona take till he puts in a new one the reaison that he keeps getting the boot disk erior is that his bios dose not know what kinda hd he has or where it is and its checking for the boot disk at c: before i looks too a:

go bye a new battry there cheap
    This guy is probably right but I was trying to go step by step to be sure.

Even if you go get a battery you still need to reprogram all the settings in the CMOS.

Can you get into the CMOS settings screen? You need to press the del key while booting.(some motherboards use other methods). Look in its manual if you have it.

Do you know what motherboard you have?

10. Software & Hardware   -   #90
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    Originally posted by Soul814@10 February 2003 - 19:54
    ... when i removed my hard drive and switched it with my mothers. On my mother's computer w/ my hard drive in it, it showed the same problem. On my computer with my mother's hard drive, nothing loaded, the monitor was on but all i got was a blank screen.
    You can't just swap hard drives. You have to go into BIOS setup and have it detect the cylinders and sectors and stuff first. If you want to do that, my suggestion would be to leave your mom's C: drive in it's original postition, but change you drive's jumpers to 'slave' and plug it into the same IDE cable as her C. Then set her BIOS to detect the second drive. Then see if you can retreive your deleted system files from the Recycle Bin.

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast