Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Shit I Messed Up My Com Big Time

Poster
    I logged on and was shocked to see that this thread was still hot. Sorry to hear you had that hard of a time Soul. I know what it is like to start from scratch. BTW, you don't need to spend that much on a HDD. You could get a 40 gig for like $70, I am guessing.

You started this thread as a newbie, I think...now a full member. Wow, this is some involved thread.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #122
    I looked at all those pictures again. The one that shows the model of your harddrive is unclear. I think it shows WDC AC26400R. Am I correct? If so that's a 6 Gig harddrive Western Digital. So Everyone he is ok with that he doesn't need a bigger one. (the screen that shows 106Meg is incorrect as that was before proper CMOS configuration.)

Did you get a battery yet?
    Were you able to get a BIOS update?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #123
    ummm thanks for everyones help who replied to me... i finnally got my computer fixed after three whole days w/ the help of this wonderful forum and the wonderful people and my cousin.... i formatted my computer, now its a bare skeleton and I have to reinstalled all my programs and fix up all my settings and stuff... and yes i have a 6gb hard drive... the thing is it use to be 106 mbs probably but that was real far back then. I got a virus around 1998 or some where there and bought a new hard drive for 100 dollars....

right now it is fixed, once again i am hookin up my hard drive to my mother's to retrieve some of my files / documents, pics n stuff.... ummm any good suggestions on any nice programs to dl and quickly transfer into my computer while i have to chance to... since it isnt every day that i take apart my computer...

4. Software & Hardware   -   #124
    Congratulations!!!! Party time... yeah!

By the way what was the solution for getting Win98 to work? You know... to help someone else reading this.

What are some new tricks you could tell us?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #125
    Yes it is time to party... lol... well first i installed windows 95 to see if it worked then i formated my computer for like the 5th time or so and ran out and stole my cousin's window 98se cd lol... no one was home but i doubt anyone would know that i took it lol... and then i installed it using his... now i am puttin all the files / docs / pics back to my computer.... i saved some stuff before i formatted... any suggestions on what i should download and put in to my boring computer.... its so slow.... lol....

P a R t Y p E e P z

if u ever get this problem be sure to READ THIS!

6. Software & Hardware   -   #126
    i am having dinner now nobody... see i am telling you ahead of time now

7. Software & Hardware   -   #127
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    My best software suggestions aren't very much fun, but they sure are useful:

Norton Utilities

Mcaffee's Virus Scan

WinBoost

8. Software & Hardware   -   #128
    Originally posted by Soul814@11 February 2003 - 19:44
    i am having dinner now nobody... see i am telling you ahead of time now
    Thanks!

any suggestions on what i should download and put in to my boring computer.... its so slow.... lol....
    Yes... KazaaLite!

9. Software & Hardware   -   #129
    Congratulations Soul814, glad you got it sorted.

Even thou i was late for work the next day LOL.

Well done mate.

Abit of advice, Email this topic to yourself for future problems LOL.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #130
    Originally posted by Chilly@12 February 2003 - 01:59
    Congratulations Soul814, glad you got it sorted.

Even thou i was late for work the next day LOL.

Well done mate.

Abit of advice, Email this topic to yourself for future problems LOL.
    lol intresting idea... i don't think it's going to happen to me again...