Thread: How Could Elf Withstand Matrix3 And Russel Crowe

I dont understand why people go see elf, that movie beats master of command and matrix 3 on the box office ranking and is going so strong

i dont get it

first of all, it's no christmas time yet what is up with the christmas spirit, second of all, come on, who the hell is will ferrel before keanu and russel? thirdly, i hopped in to elf and was sleeping there almost entirely except when the asner girl is on the screen, that movie was sooo damn boring even for kids man!

can anyone explain the marketing logic behind its commercial success?

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    I just happened to see a short interview with the director on 'comedy central' this evening.Didn't see the entire thing but it seemed to me that the director didn't take the movie all too serious himself.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Hi,

Its a Christmas movie, they always do well, its been getting great reviews,

Also, Master and Matrix is geared for adults, even though Master is PG-13, it is still a adult story, along with the Matrix Rated R,

Elf is a kid movie, its christmas, it is going to be one of those movies that is going to be around every year, remember "A Christmas Story"?

What surppise me is Looney Tunes only getting 9.5 million,
    <span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'>VEGASGUY</span></span>

CLICK HERE FOR INFO ON PRIVATE BT TRACKER&#33;

<span style='color:red'>Proud Fasttracker member</span>

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    muchspl2
    I saw it and kicks much ass and will be a x-mas classic from now on, will pulled it off, don&#39;t know too many people that could, I posted a verified of it, waiting for a better version

also never been a russel crow fan

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Originally posted by zhelynd@17 November 2003 - 00:12
    second of all, come on, who the hell is will ferrel before keanu and russel?
    I agree with what you said about the movie, it was stupid. But it was kids movie, and a christmas movie. Incase you have not noticed but in recent years they have been starting them quite early. The chrismas parade is Nov 25.

However Who is will ferrelt to keanu? Keanu is far from a great actor. he fits the role of neo well,and i do agree that no one else could play him. But still the parts there that require him to act are pretty weak. Will Ferrel is by far the funniest man alive, it is a shame that this is what came out of his first real lead in a movie (Solo Lead). But do not try and tell me that Will Ferrel is less of a box office draw than Keanu in any other movie than the matrix.

As for crow, I hate him others dont, so no comment.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    I saw Elf last nite... Excellent family movie. I watched it with the wife and kids.

I stopped likeing R. Crowe once I found out he got his ass kicked by some woman in a bar in New Zealand.

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    bujub22's Avatar THE GREAT
    Originally posted by shad0w@17 November 2003 - 22:56
    I saw Elf last nite... Excellent family movie. I watched it with the wife and kids.

I stopped likeing R. Crowe once I found out he got his ass kicked by some woman in a bar in New Zealand.
    aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh i only liked him in gladiater but its even more funny tho that he got his ass kiked by a girl aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    Originally posted by muchspl2@17 November 2003 - 05:22
    I saw it and kicks much ass and will be a x-mas classic from now on, will pulled it off, don&#39;t know too many people that could, I posted a verified of it, waiting for a better version

also never been a russel crow fan
    I agree "Elf" is a Clasic i loved it.

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    Poster
    Originally posted by vegasguy@17 November 2003 - 00:22
    Hi,

Its a Christmas movie, they always do well, its been getting great reviews,

Also, Master and Matrix is geared for adults, even though Master is PG-13, it is still a adult story, along with the Matrix Rated R,

Elf is a kid movie, its christmas, it is going to be one of those movies that is going to be around every year, remember "A Christmas Story"?

What surppise me is Looney Tunes only getting 9.5 million,
    that&#39;s true, kids movies these days r the things to make for hollywood, why do u thing finding nemo did so well

proud to be american

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    Originally posted by shad0w@17 November 2003 - 22:56
    This is too good. Was she a huge biker chick or something?
    Sounds almost as bad as Steven Seagal peeing his pants and fainting when a martial arts expert gave him a chokehold.