Thread: Pedros seized ?

gumgum's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    No user with ID 130846.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    DeadPoet's Avatar Poster
    April fools.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    What clued you in ,that's it's April 1st ,that the messaged lacked the usually accompanying message or that people in bt are generally known to make up in immaturity what they lack in imagination?
    Respect my lack of authority.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    DeadPoet's Avatar Poster
    Pink background obviously.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    as idoleyes hilariously pointed out, it does look fake indeed, and using domaintools hosting history lookup you can see that the current live site (and on .com and .eu as well) is at the same polish IP that xbtmusic has been on for the past two years.

Using that clue alone: when a domain is seized, does the IP usually change (to a US customs IP)? Or do they just modify the index page on the same server? would be useful to know.....maybe sometimes they can seize and server as well as the domain, so they just keep the server running temporarily with a modified index.....

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Also when there's an actual seizure they cite the relevant laws and such in the message.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    a friend has emailed and still thinks it might have been seized (I don't), because he observes that all urls you try to enter into the domain redirect to the ICE page.

but pedro has just probably changed the site temporarily. after all probably the tracker is still fine (though whether that's on a different ip I can't be bothered to check)...

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    teflon05's Avatar Pessimistic Optimist BT Rep: +2
    after all probably the tracker is still fine (though whether that's on a different ip I can't be bothered to check)...
    I'm seeding 10 albums there & all of them went red. If it's an April fools prank, they apparently want to make it pretty convincing.
    No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power. — P.J. O'Rourke

Sin lies only in hurting others unnecessarily. All other "sins" are invented nonsense. — Robert A. Heinlein (1907-1988)

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    That would be the dumbest fools joke ever. Users will start to delete the torrent they are seeding there out of fear. Also, I have been a member at pedros for many years and the staff is not the type to joke around.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Hmm this intrigues me. I'm a member but haven't torrented anything there for a while, so I don't know what the tracker url is and thus do an ip check on that and see if the tracker is on an independent IP or not (whether now - if it IS still pointing to an ip - or previously). If torrents are not working, well clearly it's a modification of the entire server, whoever's done it. Ridiculously coincidental if it were a hacker, on this date.

So weird. again, it doesn't look like a legitimate domain seizure. unless it's what new ones look like under the new laws.....a really basic image.....

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast