Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 916171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: It's just a number.

megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post

People saying is one thing, rallying together to do something is another. Look at Egypt. Every "free" country in the world looked at the possibility of shutting down the internet in case of "terrorism" at that moment. Laws sprang up allowing for such a "threat". That's battering. As long as people just want to share LOLCats and drunken pics of themselves the governments have no worries. Challenge the powers that be (democracy) and there is a "problem".
    I don't want to do any of that.
    I'm just on a pish posting odyssey. As are, well, saying 99% is to massively over-estimate the numbers of users who want to challenge democracy in any tangible way other than just sounding off.

What I'm saying is that people like me and like you have what is tantamount to absolute freedom to say what we want, up to and including saying that our respective governments suck bawls and to organise peaceful protests. Which happens fairly regularly.

What I think you're saying is that those self-same governments might get a bit twitchy if a group of people start to organise something which isn't legal in their country.

This seems okay to me.
    You aren't talking about "freedom", you are talking about the ability to type. Look how benign the Wall Street protests were. Everyone got sent home because they didn't have permits to camp. That'll show the ones being protested against!
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

2. Lounge   -   #182
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Wut, Idol's a big fan of Miami Vice, which was obviously made in the 70s or w.e.
    He only likes it sarcastically.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

3. Lounge   -   #183
    manker's Avatar effendi
    I don't want to do any of that.
    I'm just on a pish posting odyssey. As are, well, saying 99% is to massively over-estimate the numbers of users who want to challenge democracy in any tangible way other than just sounding off.

What I'm saying is that people like me and like you have what is tantamount to absolute freedom to say what we want, up to and including saying that our respective governments suck bawls and to organise peaceful protests. Which happens fairly regularly.

What I think you're saying is that those self-same governments might get a bit twitchy if a group of people start to organise something which isn't legal in their country.

This seems okay to me.
    You aren't talking about "freedom", you are talking about the ability to type. Look how benign the Wall Street protests were. Everyone got sent home because they didn't have permits to camp. That'll show the ones being protested against!
    Yeah, I'm talking about the ability to type freely. It's been a theme in our intercourse and is a subject which is dear to my heart.

I don't give two fucks about protests. I don't have anything to protest against.
    Have you ever been to Wales. It's lovely.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

4. Lounge   -   #184
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    Wut, Idol's a big fan of Miami Vice, which was obviously made in the 70s or w.e.

You're just making that up. There is simply no way you could discern a subtle human foible which passed me by.

I'm the people person, you're the clinical one.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

5. Lounge   -   #185

Yeah, I'm talking about the ability to type freely. It's been a theme in our intercourse and is a subject which is dear to my heart.

I don't give two fucks about protests. I don't have anything to protest against.
    Have you ever been to the US? We have shit to protest about...
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

6. Lounge   -   #186
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    [QUOTE=manker;3669417]

7. Lounge   -   #187
    manker's Avatar effendi
    You probably weren't even allowed out when you went there.

Remember that pint we were supposed to have

8. Lounge   -   #188
    manker's Avatar effendi

Have you ever been to the US? We have shit to protest about...
    No but I've seen the pics Doobs posts. It looks idyllic, if a little desolate

9. Lounge   -   #189
    Not many people, but if you are quiet you can sneak up really close on a Predator...

10. Lounge   -   #190
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post

You're just making that up. There is simply no way you could discern a subtle human foible which passed me by.

I'm the people person, you're the clinical one.
    I may have made it up, but I don't think it makes it false. The clinical me was using something forumulaically formulaic.
    Idol only likes it sarcastically.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 916171819202122 ... LastLast