Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Mary does China, the official thread

manker's Avatar effendi
    I've never seen even one episode of Miami Vice but I'm pretty sure Olmos didn't single handedly drag humanity to salvation whilst also getting it on with the most powerful human female in existence. I also bet he didn't have a cool nickname like Husker and that there were no robots or space battles.

Your point, sir, doesn't stand up to even fripperarious scrutiny.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

2. Lounge   -   #42
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    I've never seen even one episode of Miami Vice but I'm pretty sure Olmos didn't single handedly drag humanity to salvation whilst also getting it on with the most powerful human female in existence. I also bet he didn't have a cool nickname like Husker and that there were no robots or space battles. Your point, sir, doesn't stand up to even fripperarious scrutiny.
    Ninjas>Spaceship captains admirals simply fact of life.Deal with it.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 04-16-2012 at 09:35 PM.
    Respect my lack of authority.

3. Lounge   -   #43
    manker's Avatar effendi
    I hadn't considered the merest possibility of a notion that there existed footage which would increase my appreciation of Mr. Olmos

How cool was that.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

4. Lounge   -   #44
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    The coolest thing was that for seasons his character was this mysterious yet menacing figure who barely spoke and then suddenly "blam" they hit you with this incredible backstory to explain everything.I don't know how well the series holds up but at the time it was cool as fuck.

Music has always been intrinsic to movies but in Miami Vice Michael Mann turned it into almost a character.

Didn't realize it wasn't it English but you get the idea.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 04-16-2012 at 09:54 PM.
    Respect my lack of authority.

5. Lounge   -   #45
    manker's Avatar effendi
    I'm too much of a philistine to appreciate that.
    I would be watching it thinking that I hope they hurry the fuck up and get to the speaking parts to further the plot.

I'm like that about anything even faintly arty.
    Miami Vice looks cool though. I had previously assumed it was some kind of Bad Boys clone but with white people from the before time.

6. Lounge   -   #46
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ninjas>Spaceship captains admirals simply fact of life.Deal with it.
    Math teacher > Ninjas in spaceships. Fact of reality, deal with it.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

7. Lounge   -   #47
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    I have tentative plans to move to Japan for a couple of years to teach English while I work on securing a scientific editing position or further my entrepreneurial scientific editing for non-native English speakers business. I will probably emigrate elsewhere and be considered a weeaboo then on.
    I've done some studies and, if you're a westerner, it's more difficult to get into Japanese industry than it is Chinese industry, for example. A societal thing which I'm sure you're aware of.

Can't hurt if you dress and act like Gary Oak, though
    Hmm, I was a bit misleading. Editing work can be done from anywhere at any time, which is one of the reason I'm breaking into it. I only intended to make an early setting in the land of the rising sun (I hate sunrises and the sun, so that's one thing I wouldn't look forward to). I imagine most of my work being Chinese-based, I've already developed a bit of history with that regard.

I don't get the thing with Gary Oak, Google told me he's a pokemon character.

8. Lounge   -   #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa View Post
    You're a lot more normal-looking than I expected. Scary, really
    Didn't they say the same about Bundy and Dahmer?

9. Lounge   -   #49
    Squeamous's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    I'm thinking that you're just placing a lot of weight into a fetish. Perhaps I can pull up a list of all my fetishes, light and severe, and you can cross reference it against a list of race, character and affluence? Hasn't that been done before? Also, show me a man with at least a heterosexual preference, and I'll produce an Asian woman he'd totally bone.
    Guys who don't particularly fancy oriental women do exist, I've met them. However, most men with a heterosexual preference would bone pretty much anything given half a chance. Whether or not they would preferentially bone an oriental woman over one from another race is a different question.

You make a good point about fetish patterns. I find it particularly sad when people conform to such sterotypes, because I can't learn anything about them I couldn't learn by reading a book. One dimensional people don't interest me.

It's not really emo or gothic culture. In fact, it definitely isn't.
    It's specifically Japanese emulation and is interwoven around their culture, clothing, comix and perceived sexual practices. Agree with the growing out of it thing, but.

I posted it because it seemed to me it wasn't strictly a sexual thing with Mary, either, and that I consider her to be a bit of a weeaboo.
    Me, on the other hand, I like oriental ladies because they all look 14.

I looked up 'weeaboo' and Google gave me a pic of Mary straight away:

Weeaboo_mp_by_KibaInuzukaLover.jpg

I think Mary a) Has a sexual preference and b) is rebelling against his culture.
    In terms of A he's already stated how useless he is with women and how sexually aggressive ones disturb him = sexual inadequacy = fetish for a subservient female race.
    Regarding B, his autism obviously leaves him deeply troubled and misunderstood by the emotionally vomitous society he lives in. Naturally he would gravitate towards cultures with greater emphasis on emotional lockdown.

Your hour's up Macky, that'll be £80 please!
    Last edited by Squeamous; 04-18-2012 at 11:46 AM.

10. Lounge   -   #50
    ckrit's Avatar Flagpole
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeamous View Post
    In terms of A he's already stated how useless he is with women and how sexually aggressive ones disturb him = sexual inadequacy = fetish for a subservient female race.
    Are you saying that this is Mary's perception of asian women, or that they are a subservient female race?
    ckrit d<rit c|<rit

Mi signotaur > urs.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast