Thread: Mirc Disconnects

L0rD_S0tH's Avatar Poster
    Just wondering if any of you guys might know why mIRC always disconnects on me. Seems like every couple hours or so it will disconnect from the server I am on. I'm using mIRC 6.12 on xp pro. thanks for any input.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    ZaZu's Avatar I know stuff ...
    Try asking here

If you attack the establishment long enough and hard enough, they will make you a member of it.
    -- Art Buchwald --

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    It all depends on the bot your downloading from. Some are very stable, some are just plain shitty.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    true...but wouldn't I just disconnect from the bot, and not the channel and server?

5. File Sharing   -   #5

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    I read tutorials and stuff on Mirc but it was just to much stuff to do just to get a file that's why I don't try to use it. I sure do want to use it though.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    The thing I like about mIRC is I can hella speeds from good bots (200-350KB/s). I never really had any probs with it disconnecting before the past month or so. Oh well, I just look for bots with a good connection on ircspy and I can generally get a file before it disconnects. Or I just reconnect and resume if I'm lucky I can reconnect without losing the download. It just sux that if I don't get good speeds, and I want to leave it download while at work or something, I can't since it'll disconnect after a few hours. Oh well, I still like using mIRC.