View Poll Results: What kinds of ranges do you want the peerguardian ip database to reflect?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Filesharing related ranges

7 46.67%
  • Filesharing, military and government ranges

0 0%
  • Filesharing and advertising ranges

2 13.33%
  • Filesharing, advertising, military and government ranges

6 40.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Peerguardian Database

Forum Star
    I prefer only the filesharing related ranges. All other ranges are of no use for the Kazaa Lite IP blocker.

Also the current PeerGuardian database contains a lot of useless entries.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Poster
    I think all, just to be safe....

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Supernatural's Avatar Poster
    I agree with Paul. There could be people in the other ranges that are legitimately sharing.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by Supernatural@17 November 2003 - 19:08
    I agree with Paul. There could be people in the other ranges that are legitimately sharing.
    in the miletry and government?!

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    I say Filesharing and Advertising ranges

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    great poll- thanks

just filesharing related for me...

i don't know why ppl are worried about the air force etc lol but i think the pg db should just be about anti p2p related ranges and that includes having the fbi and the justice dept and other countries related agencies ranges just NOT stuff like the department of defense for example which makes up over 34 million ips of the total 82.7 million that are currently in the pg db- why? also soon bluetack's blocklist manager will be out and that will give all kinds of options as far as blocking military/gov ranges etc

as for ad related ranges (ads, pop ups, spyware, adware etc) there are already more efficient ways of handling those privacy nuisances- hosts files, good firewalls, ad-aware's adwatch and other progs- the ranges that are ad related in the pg db are a nuisance themselves lol and don't need to be there as it just encourages ppl to submit doublelclick ad ranges instead of anti p2p ranges

as one of the peerguardian ip db admins i want to improve the credibility of the anti p2p list and not add more unrelated crap to it- btw a lot of innocent isp ranges have been removed in the last month or so so thanks to peeps for reporting those-make sure to get the most updated pg db list (it's at http://www.peerguardian.net/forums/i...?showtopic=682 which requires registering) as the database is not up full time (unless you get to the db between 1-5 am gmt (8pm-12am est)

ddd

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Autumn Fox's Avatar n00b
    Originally posted by Kunal@17 November 2003 - 16:47
    I think all, just to be safe....
    I agree, all thoes should be out, therefor i choose all

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Autumn Fox's Avatar n00b
    As dingdongding requested: I mean that any and all officials should be disallowed/disabled from accuaring files from us, and that's one, information that we might be in posesion of thoes files, and that's two, connectiong to us for any reasons, and that's three
    therefor i choose all

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    P2P related.

It used to worry me seeing 50+ blocks in a short time until I realized it was just blocking ads. Almost scared me away till I noticed it was blocking some things I wanted to see. Couldn't access some of my favorite sites unless I shut it off, which only opened me up to other vulnerablities.

It seems to have improved recently though, only getting up to a few blocks a day.
    And personaly I don't care about blocking an occassional innicent. Better safe then sorry, but not too safe where you can't even access many websites due to people adding their personal dislikes to the list.

TD
    Peace of mind Findnot

No time to work out? Try Folding instead.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Poster
    Slightly off-topic, KL++ should only block anti-Filesharing ranges. Having it block any more is just wasting CPU power.

Peer Guardian IMO should block Filesharing and advertising ranges because it's more of a 'universal' blocker.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast