Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Would You Buy Hp Or Compaq?

Poster
    i may buy an hp or compaq notebook because theyt are one of the few manufacturers who put amds in thir PCs. is there any other comapny (LOW-PRICE, NOT VOODOO) who puts AMDs n their notebooks? could i buy an intel notebook and put an AMD in it?

U RNT LEET LIKE ME!!!!!!!!!11111111111111

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Would You Buy Hp Or Compaq?
    no.
    i buy an intel notebook and put an AMD in it?
    no.

depending on what you need it for, an HP or Compaq may be okay for you... but on the other hand you may end up finding out that you're getting screwed on something like the quality of the motherboard or audio/video, or that the Windows installation is bloated with useless junk that you don't want AND they don't give you a "vanilla" Windows CD to reinstall with (i.e. if you use their "restore" CDs, it just puts all the crap you don't want back into the hard drive).

the "you get what you pay for" rule kinda applies. if you buy cheap, you get cheap, and there's prolly gonna be something wrong with it that you don't notice until you really decide to start poking around in it. if you're going to buy HP or Compaq, i would recommend that you at least get hold of a pirated copy of Windows 2000 or Windows XP so that you can install a plain, unaltered copy of Windows when the pre-installed one inevitably goes haywire.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    could i buy/download a total restore program? norton cean sweep?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Darth Sushi's Avatar Sushi Lord
    Geez, I thought HP had a merger with Compaq a few years ago.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    they did, im just saying "hp or compaq" because they dont have a name for both of them

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Darth Sushi's Avatar Sushi Lord
    Historically, low price notebooks don't use mobile cpu. They're usually desktop chips. When I lived in Texas, my company will not buy AMD notebooks because of the extreme hot weather. We had some bad experiences. But for indoor and mild climate use, it should suffice. Tomshardware has a video of what happens when you remove the cpu fans. The AMD cpus were all destroyed along with some of the MBs. The intel chips just frozed but worked again when the fans were replaced.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    SciManAl's Avatar Hardware guy
    yeah i have to agree, as much as i am a fan of AMD, for labtops i would go with the qaulity of a intel and the low power usage

(sumtimes my money tree isn't working, usually i just say to myself "why buy crapp that i "need" now when it will break down in a month or two and i have to buy a new one, while i could have saved up and bought the nicer one..."

your choice, but i would go P4(also known as P$ hehehe look at your keyboard) for a labtop...

however if you are truly money tight then try out the new e-machine labtops, really cheap, pretty nice qaulity...

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    ok, scimanal, weve had this discussion before: im not the emachine type

someone mayve told me before, but what can you upgrade on an hp/compaq/ or any other notebook

p.s.: i live in georgia and i would barely use it outside, im looking towards using i in my bed,on the couch, in the car, etc. id only use it outside unless it was a real nice day.

im getting an AMD because of low price and how i know thety can go fast. it will only be a 2500+

i dont want to get an intel because i dont want a celeron since im strapt for cash. if there is a huge drop when the 3.4 extreme edition comes out i may reconsider

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Keikan's Avatar ........
    Would i buy a compaq or hp invent hmm i would buy:
    Ohh noo!!! I make dribbles!!!

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Debaser
    I don't know about compaq but as for an HP, well they're good but, just pray you don't run into a problem or something, they're help and support areas suck

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast